local shopping products?

momi2ashlynn

hello we are going to be in Belize in two weeks !!!! I am wanting to buy something from the locals. Do they have any wood carvings or such item that were made locally? and is can you find it by where the tenders drop off? and if anyone has been to roaton and can answer for there to thanks...

you just made my day... we collect ornaments from all the places we visit so we can relive those memories at christmas as we put up our tree !!!! sometimes they are hard to find and i LOVE hand carved items... thank you so much !!!!

What ship are you on? I don't know about the carnival port (mahogany bay) but the other one you can just go to right out of the cruise terminal and there are shops on the left down the road. One area is a little market with 12-15 shops which we got a great deal on a 8x10 inch box for $22

I belive ARONTALKS is thinking of Roatan, not Belize. There is only on place in Belize where the ship tender into....in Roatan there are two....

In Belize, if you go just outside the T V and to your left there is a open air market where you can get many locally made items...the wood carvings are much cheaper in the outside market then in the TV...also they will bargain with you some....

jus me.....jim......:cool:

I belive ARONTALKS is thinking of Roatan, not Belize. There is only on place in Belize where the ship tender into....in Roatan there are two....

In Belize, if you go just outside the T V and to your left there is a open air market where you can get many locally made items...the wood carvings are much cheaper in the outside market then in the TV...also they will bargain with you some....

jus me.....jim......:cool:

Yes yes and more yes

thank you for your advice !!! is it far walk from TV or just outside... i will would love to go where the locals sell there stuff... thanks again... we leave sunday and i am sooooo excited !!!! we have never been before there before ;-)

I am all for the woodcarvings. I have a gorgeous Toucan from Belize.

You might want to check the labels on some of the clothing though. My DW found a pretty dress that just smacked of Latin America. Wouldn't you know it? Made in China. We probably could have bought the thing at Walmart.;)

Archived