Anyone stay in a Zaandam Cat G on Main Deck?

Rocker313

Hi all! My wife and I just got our booking assignment from Holland for our upcoming Alaska cruise - we got an upgrade from an HH fully obstructed outside to a Cat. G porthole (2512). Anyone stayed in this room? We have heard conflicting reports that some of the porthole cabins do not have a sofa, and were curious about that. We are far from picky cruisers, having stayed in insides and suites both, but just curious if anyone had experience or pictures! Our first time traveling on Holland America (and first time going to Alaska) so we are quite excited! If anyone recently is off the Zaandam and has any "secrets" or advice, feel free to bring that on too!

Happy cruising all! :D

Yes, that happened to us on a 14 day cruise. The cabin was a closet with a porthole. It was necessary to step into the hallway just to change your mind! That cruise was the last time we booked a guarentee anything. We prefer to book a I, J or K inside. Guarentees were a great way to learn the ships and find out what fits our cruising style. Now that we know the ropes, we always book our next cruise while onboard ship, and pick out the cabin we want. If the prices drop, our TA simply rebooks the same cabin at the lower price.:mad:

Yes, that happened to us on a 14 day cruise. The cabin was a closet with a porthole. It was necessary to step into the hallway just to change your mind! That cruise was the last time we booked a guarentee anything. We prefer to book a I, J or K inside. Guarentees were a great way to learn the ships and find out what fits our cruising style. Now that we know the ropes, we always book our next cruise while onboard ship, and pick out the cabin we want. If the prices drop, our TA simply rebooks the same cabin at the lower price.:mad:

I have a guarantee H porthole cabin next April in the Zaandam. Luckily I am a solo so may be able to live in a closet (maybe I will get an upgrade?).

Archived