Tim Hortons in Mahone Bay

Is this a good restaurant ? Does this restaurant have any specialties? Thx

Angela

Tim Horton's is like Dunkin Donuts.

If you want something light and delicious, on the main street there is a grocery store that prepares delicious food. They have a cute terrace, too. Jo Anne's Deli & Bake shop.

Thx for responding so quickly .. What do u think of the Old fish factory in Lunenberg ?? Angela

We loved, loved, loved Lunenberg. Didn't think the Old Fish Factory was anything special.

We had lobster salad rolls at the Salt Shaker for lunch. Fantastic! I wrote about it in another thread (or two!). That was our most memorable meal in Lunenberg. I can't remember much else, so I guess it didn't stand out.

Is this a good restaurant ? Does this restaurant have any specialties? Thx

Angela

They are a Canadian chain of coffee and donuts, they are also in the States but maybe not as far south. There are a number of excellent local coffee shops and restaurants in and around Mahone Bay.

The Inlet has always had a good reputation this TA link may help

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g499230-Mahone_Bay_Southwest_Nova_Scotia_Nova_Scotia.html

Let us know what sort of food you are looking for and I am sure we can be more specific??

Thx ,Can'tstopCrusing & LuLu 51 .. for all ur suggestions ..Iam planning a private excursion there with another couple & the tour host suggested Tim Horton for lunch wasn't sure about that ??

The Salt Shaker sounds good !!!

Angela

Thx ,Can'tstopCrusing & LuLu 51 .. for all ur suggestions ..Iam planning a private excursion there with another couple & the tour host suggested Tim Horton for lunch wasn't sure about that ??

Angela

If it's for lunch and you LOVE lobster salad rolls, go to the Salt Shaker. They make it on foccacio bread. Very generous amount of lobster, too. Not a fancy restaurant. Lots of locals having lunch. You can google it and see the menu, photos and reviews. I wish I could go there now!

Angela

Is the tour host from Nova Scotia ie local tour company/host if so I would find another with all the fabulous local restaurants can't believe recommend international chain. The Chester, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg area is full of fabulous restaurants and coffee shops serving local homemade items and free trade imports such as coffee.

Being a Foodie I would hate for you to miss some of the best.

If you are taking a day tour to the areas Lulu mentioned (and of course to Peggy's cove, Google great earth something or other (tours)

Here' s a story. My husband and I were on our own in Peggy's cove, snooping around. There was a small group having a picnic at a secluded picnic table. We started to talk and found out it was a tour. The guide's name is Ryan. The reason I remember it so well, is the year before, my daughter-in-law took some tours with a Ryan that she raved about. It was the same guy! He provides a healthy picnic lunch!

Thx again .. another CC member was arranging this tour I believe his name is Dave with Nova Scotia Vans .. will have to decide if this is the right tour ..although the tour itself seem really good !!!

Angela

Thx again .. another CC member was arranging this tour I believe his name is Dave with Nova Scotia Vans .. will have to decide if this is the right tour ..although the tour itself seem really good !!!

Angela

Here is a previous thread re Tours to Lunenburg, they are basically the same although some do upcharge for custom tour. We have taken Halifax Cruise ShipTaxi Tours on numerous occasions and always had great tour, very knowledgeable about the history and area. They went out of their way to find great places to stop and eat to suit all our taste buds.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586057

As mentioned the Salt Shaker has great recommendations we went to Magnolia grill also has great reviews- fabulous food.

Good luck, hope this helps

Tim Hortons is a coffee shop. A great place to eat in Lunenburg is Magnolia's. It's a favourite place of Tom Selleck's when he is in town doing a movie. They have wonderful fish cakes and their desserts are delicious. It's on Montague St. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is wonderful.

Archived