Freedom keyw/grandk/ocho - which side?

Getting different answers from carnival. They say it is generally port side.

I wouldn't take that as gospel.

I'd go with people who have actually cruised this itinerary/ship.

And it can change from week to week.

Depending upon arrival ship could face either way.

IMHO worrying about this is overthinking your cruise. Much more important stuff to consider.

This. In the grand scheme of things, this one aspect truly doesn't matter. I'm not intending to flame or be snarky here but now that you've finally got all the stateroom and ES issues sorted out, why are you looking to change yet again? Especially when you're dealing with a TA who is less than reliable when you're looking for timely assistance?

This. In the grand scheme of things, this one aspect truly doesn't matter. I'm not intending to flame or be snarky here but now that you've finally got all the stateroom and ES issues sorted out, why are you looking to change yet again? Especially when you're dealing with a TA who is less than reliable when you're looking for timely assistance?

Unless your planning on spending the day looking at the port from your balcony why does it really matter?

Times when we do insides, we are usually up on lido having breakfast watching us go into port and can pick the side we want to watch from.

I consider myself a planner but some things need to just let happen.

As this is our first cruise was wondering if we would get port view or not.

My friend gave same advice - you can always go up on deck to see port.

She said probably not in room that much, but did say a benefit of balcony was to be able to sit out there for breakfast and late night glasses of wine!

Was curious about whether or not we would be port side, but like stu said not that important in the greater scheme of things.

Thanks all

Consider the date for the following (Freedom--November/2010: We had a balcony on the port side):

Key West: Port side to the dock

Grand Cayman: Anchored/ Tendered In

Ocho Rios: Port side to dock.

I would agree with others--don't worry about it.

As this is our first cruise was wondering if we would get port view or not.

My friend gave same advice - you can always go up on deck to see port.

She said probably not in room that much, but did say a benefit of balcony was to be able to sit out there for breakfast and late night glasses of wine!

Was curious about whether or not we would be port side, but like stu said not that important in the greater scheme of things.

Thanks all

Good advice from your friend :) DH and I love to go up on deck, mostly for sailaway. Much better views up there and it's a more fun atmosphere too, with the music playing and the drinks flowing.

One thing you can do if you're curious about the approach in the morning is check your tv. There will be a channel showing the bridge camera so you can watch the ship approaching port on your tv.

And really, you most likely won't be missing too much. In Key West, if you are not docking at Mallory Square, there's not much to see. Grand Cayman is a tender port so nothing to see. I don't know about Ocho Rios.

Just enjoy :D

Has anyone cruised on freedom 6 day recently? Key west/grand cayman/ ocho rios itinerary.

Does anyone know which side of ship faces ports?

Starboard or port? (starboard is right hand side and port is left)

Help on this is appreciated - txs!

on our 6/10/2012,

Key West Starboard

Grand Cayman Starboard

Ocho Rios Starboard

But I wish I had gone Port because I wanted to see more of the Cuban coast line.

Archived