MDR - Kids will be in CC. Empty seats on table?

moondusterr

On a past cruise (No Kids) me & DH were seated with 2 other couples and we all got along fabulous during dinner, all went out together after, and drank and danced every night away.

On our upcoming cruise we are bringing our 2 girls ages 6 & 8. I explained to the Carnival booking agent that our kids will be in Camp Carnival while we are at dinner. (We cruised with them before and they only ate with us once.) The agent told me there was nothing he could do about the empty seats. I will hate to see 2 empty chairs & we want to make sure we are not seated alone..what fun is that? I am also sure Carnival will try to seat us with another couple will small children and I would rather just sit with adults that are hopefully up for drinks after.

We are booked Late dining 8:15..we are not interested in doing anytime dining, (its sold out anyhow) because I'm afraid if I don't have a set time to be somewhere I will end up skipping dinner and MDR is my favorite part of cruise. At the very most our girls will only eat with us the last day, (if that) when we are all burnt out from the clubs.

Their must be others with this dilemma, right?

take any time dining that way if the kids want to eat with you you can get a table for all of you.

more then likly you will be at a table for four and be dining with two empty seats with assigned seating

never had that delemma as dinner with me was mandatory on vacation

Why not bring your kids the first night to the MDR?

See how they like it and maybe they'll want to come with you every night.

I know, I've had to look at some sad faces on my kids as they waited patiently for 7pm to roll around so they could get up from the table and join their friends at Adventure Ocean....

take any time dining that way if the kids want to eat with you you can get a table for all of you.

more then likly you will be at a table for four and be dining with two empty seats with assigned seating

Ughh..sounds like the worst case scenario..ATD is sold out.

I understand where you are coming from. When my husband and I were on our first cruise together we were at a table for two and were a little lonely.

Our second cruise we took the kids with us and they came to the MDR with us.

However, if I was planning to take them to Camp Carnival like you mentioned, I would probably go the first evening and request to get re-seated with another couple assuming they put you at a table for four and two seats were empty.

I have always enjoyed the MDR and I like having the same servers every night where you kind of get to know them a little. I wouldn't want to do anytime dining.

So take a $20 bill with you and tip the maitre'd along with your request to sit with someone. I know they are busy but at least your asking for a positive request instead of you don't like the people you are with. :D

on our last cruie the 6year old did not want to go to the camp after the first day have no idea why or what could have happened....what happens if the kids didnt like the camp

Archived