What to do after disembarking before flight

Wondering what to do after disembarking? We have till about noon before we have to be at the airport. There are 5 of us. Can we rent a driver to take us around a bit? Would love to see a bit of Vancouver. Any suggestions?

What time is your flight? You will need at least two hours prior your flight to get through security and US Immigration (which is done in the Vancouver airport). It takes about 45 minutes to get from downtown to the airport. So with all that in mind, you would probably only have a couple of hours but I'm sure there must be some sort of tour company that would offer a pick up and drop off at the airport. Unfortunatly I don't live in Vancouver so can't provide any names for you but I'm sure our friends from Vancouver will be online with advice. Just make sure you leave yourself lots of time at the airport.

You will likely not be off the ship and thru customs until about 8:30 and you need to be at YVR a full 2 hours before your flight .... and you are a full 35 mins from downtown to YVR...so I am not sure what impact all that will have on your plans.

You could hire a mini-van cab with a flip down seat for about $50 to $75 per hour (negotiate) or a limo for $85/hr plus 12% tax and tip. Failing that leave your luggage at Priority Baggage Services at Canada Place and take a walk into Gastown, go up in the Vancouver Lookout, and then back past the new convention centre and have a look at the cauldron from the 2010 Winter Olympics. Another option would be to drop down onto the seawall and take a walk into Stanley Park but if you only have a couple of hours you won't get to see much.

We have to be at the airport by 11:30, so, if we are off by 8:30, we have 3 hours. Priority Baggage service maybe the way to go, and then go from there. Just don't want to sit around the airpor for three extra hours.

I would suggest this - take in Gastown - the historic birthplace of Vancouver - it's basically next door to Canada Place - see the Steam Clock and statute of Gassy Jack - perhaps have a coffee in one of the many coffee places - coming back you could if the weather is clear head up the Vancouver Lookout at the top of Harbour Center - spend a few minutes admiring the old historic CP station - now the Waterfront station and then if you have a few minutes head a few blocks west and take in the Convention center and the Olympic caudron - then return to your luggage and head to the airport.

Cheers

Dennis

456285806_AbeautifuldayintheParkMarch242012008.jpg.bfdec5e9135451c70045d8b2d7ca82a9.jpg

Archived