Best time of year to cruise Mexican Riviera

Hello to all,

My husband had expressed an interest in a Mexican Riviera cruise. I've read reviews of the ships that go there, and was wondering what is the best time of year to go. Is the weather fairly constant? Anyone prefer one ship over another?

Thanks!!

Depends on what you mean with best time to go. Financially? Definitely in the winter (between TG and XMas I think).

Last time I went in June, and it was beautiful. I am now planning a trip though around Xmas, just so for once I can afford to take all 4 of my sons.

We went in mid-March, two years ago, it was wonderful. The ocean was a bit cold (but the Pacific always seems that way to me). Curiously enough there was only one group of spring breakers (about 15 sorority sisters), very few kidlets...it was a great little cruise.

We just returned from there aboard the NCL STAR (4/30-5/8/05). The weather was beautiful...a little cool leaving & returning to L.A. but the day after, the weather was awesome. The week we went the seas were like a lake....I was quite surprised as I thought it would be a little more motion; maybe we just caught it at a good time. The Carnival PRIDE was in port with us in Cabo San Lucas & she is beautiful!! I'll sail on the PRIDE next time to the Mexican Riviera....just for a change. Although the STAR is a beautiful ship & one of the best & friendliest crews I've ever sailed with.

We went in August in 2002 and in April 2005. August was terribly hot and humid. April was beautiful! Perfect climate and great beach weather. Weve done Acapulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa, Mazatlan, PV, Ensenada and Cabo with Carnival. Cabo and Ixtapa were by far the most beautiful locations we visited.

Enjoy!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

The Mexican Riviera can be horribly hot and humid in the summer months. I prefer late autumn due to the fact that humidity is much lower, and very little rainfall. In fact, I just booked a great price on the Pride for Nov. 13 2005. (4a inside gty. $514.39 out the door) Time to see if there is a roll call yet for sailing!

We cruised the Mexican Riviera in June 2004 and then the first week of February 2005....

June was HOT and February was warm... Both times we were in the water ~ wave runners and in the sky ~ parasailing and in the mountains ~ horseback riding. We enjoyed every minute of our trips. The sea days were a bit cooler in February but we still enjoyed the sun and pool....

Go for it!

We leave in 2 weeks on Sunday - I can't wait. I hope the weather will be nice, I have heard good things and some bad things about it being cooler and windier on the 1st and last day at seas.

1 week until our wedding and 2 weeks until our honeymoon cruise on the PRIDE:D :D :D :D :D

could you tell me if the waters there are more rockier compared to the western caribbean?

Yes, it did seem a bit "rockier"....especially the first and last 24 hours...lots of sick folks that first night, actually the dining room was almost empty...we use the patches and never have a problem.

Archived