Blue Lagoon Beach Day with Carnival

cruisegirl36

We are a large group and there is a few that want to do the dolphin encounter or swim at Blue lagoon. I was thinking we could all book the Beach day at Blue Lagoon and then they could walk over to the dolphin area and pay to do it and then come back to beach with us. That way we are all together and no one has to worry about getting lost. Also there husbands could watch them and not pay the whole cost of the dolphin fee. If you book the dolphin excursion with the ship do you get to hang out at the beach afterwards? Would it be easier for them to book the dolphins and we book the beach day and meet up afterwards and take the same ferry back? Also does the beach day include lunch, I cant see anywhere that it does but its $79 a person and I would think that would include something.

We are a large group and there is a few that want to do the dolphin encounter or swim at Blue lagoon. I was thinking we could all book the Beach day at Blue Lagoon and then they could walk over to the dolphin area and pay to do it and then come back to beach with us. That way we are all together and no one has to worry about getting lost. Also there husbands could watch them and not pay the whole cost of the dolphin fee. If you book the dolphin excursion with the ship do you get to hang out at the beach afterwards? Would it be easier for them to book the dolphins and we book the beach day and meet up afterwards and take the same ferry back? Also does the beach day include lunch, I cant see anywhere that it does but its $79 a person and I would think that would include something.

One thing to check on is if your cruise offers dolphin excursions for the day you are in port. On my date at the end of November, the carnival website gives the Beach day as an option, but does not give the dolphin encounter as an option. Also, I don't believe that carnival ever offers the dolphin swim at Lagoon. I checked with dolphin encounters direct, and the swims were already booked, only the encounter was an option for the times (7 to 2) that we will be at port, so I had to settle for booking the encounter through them(hopefully we'll be on time to port)..

Just be aware that there are limited spots available for the swim and encounter .. and they book up months in advance. so there is a good chance that they will NOT be available for an upgrade.

I think it's wise to book whatever is needed, and not rely on upgrades and iffy situation.

If you book an animal program, you are entitled to use the beach. Just not the water toys, inflatable park and lunch. That would need an upgrade, which IS available on the premises.

Archived