Bolt Bus Questions - PHL to Newark

5280 Woman

Hello:

I am flying to PHL to visit a friend before taking the Veendam cruise out of Manhattan on 8/26. I have a reservation at the Hilton Penn Station (Newark) for the night of 8/25. I booked the Bolt Bus from PHL to Newark because it was a lot cheaper than Amtrak and only arrives about 10 minutes later than the train. I'm arriving about noon and I'm not in an hurry to get to the hotel so I figure I might as well save myself a few $$.

The Bolt Bus arrives at the Greyhound Station which is supposed to be close to Penn Station. The Hilton said I could just walk across the street to get to the hotel.

I'm in good shape but I will have one large wheeled suitcase that might be heavy and at least one other smaller bag.

Can someone please tell me:

Can I really walk from the Greyhound Station to the Hilton? I don't mind taking my time to get there if the area I'm walking through is safe, but I would like to know in advance what my travel time will be so I can wear appropriate clothing and shoes.

What is the approximate cab fare from the Hilton to the HAL Pier?

I appreciate any thoughts,opinions and guidance.

Can't give you details on the bus station. My advice would be to book a car service to NY instead of getting a cab. Best guess - $60 to $80. For $5 you can take the train across the street to New York Penn station and a cab to the pier for $10-15.

Archived