Diving at Kona, Kaleakeakua Bay?

Middleager

We're going to Kona port on the NCL Pride of American ship, on Wed. Aug. 29. I'd like to go scuba diving at the K Bay, but can't seem to find dive ops to go there.

Anyone done diving at the K bay, on a cruise port stop in Kona?

Thanks.

Contact Jack's Diving Locker. You should consider the night dive with the manta rays. We did this with Jack's a few year ago and it doesn't get any better than that.

Kim

We always dive with Big Island Divers when we're on the island.

They don't go to the K Bay.

The POA is in port for 1 day (as pretty well all cruise ship stops), so not possible to do the night dive, unless we want to "miss the boat".

Kaleakeakua Bay is mostly shore dives and no public transportation usually runs between Kailua Kona and there (have to take a taxi or rent a car), I would recommend staying in Kailua Kona & diving with Jack's Diving Locker. Also, the water is extra cold in Kaleakeakua Bay-I think there is a natural spring close to it that chills the water.

If you've never dived close to Kailua Kona, you cannot go wrong! Every site is incredible-so many endemic species, so many turtles (honu) the size of Volkeswagen beetles, incredible reef structure.

Tell the divemaster what it is you want to see & they'll customize the trip based on what you want. I cannot say enough good things about Jack's Diving Locker-we use them every time we're on the Big Island.

Hope you have a great time on your cruise!

Archived