Peggy's Cove & Titanic on your own??

Has anyone gone to these places in Halifax on their own? Looking for advise. We don't want to book through the ship due to the time frame as we want to do the Alexander Keith's brewery tour again as well. I was wondering if anyone has done this on their own and can recommend the best way to do this in the morning?

Thanks!

Has anyone gone to these places in Halifax on their own? Looking for advise. We don't want to book through the ship due to the time frame as we want to do the Alexander Keith's brewery tour again as well. I was wondering if anyone has done this on their own and can recommend the best way to do this in the morning?

Thanks!

Depending on your time for Brewery tour you could rent a car and go to Peggy's cove or take a taxi tour which would include Titanic Grave sites at Fairview cemetary and Peggy's Cove.

We did Historic Halifax tour and Peggy's Cove with fabulous lobster lunch at Ryers with Halifax Cruise Ship Taxi Tours last year very knowdgeable, local guides.They will customize tours to suit you at no extra charge.

If you arranged to do your Brewery tour in the afternoon you get then get dropped back at the Brewery or Maritime Museum only short walk to Pier.

This would make the most sense as a rental would be wasted if only using in AM.

Thanks so much for the info.

Do you remember the cost for the tour? I was thinking taxi. We would skip the "lobsta" lunch though as we are from New England an can get "lobsta" anytime ;)

Ah but they're not as good as Nova Scotia!!!!lol:) You can check their website but was $45/hr if you did not want to stop for lunch would only be about 3hrs or less. How many in your group they have vans so could accomodate up to 7 and would be same price maybe there are others on your cruiise that might like to go as well??

Here's the link

http://www.halifaxcruiseshiptaxitours.com/?page=tours

Hope this helps and you enjoy your visit whatever you decide.

Ah but they're not as good as Nova Scotia!!!!lol:) You can check their website but was $45/hr if you did not want to stop for lunch would only be about 3hrs or less. How many in your group they have vans so could accomodate up to 7 and would be same price maybe there are others on your cruiise that might like to go as well??

Here's the link

http://www.halifaxcruiseshiptaxitours.com/?page=tours

Hope this helps and you enjoy your visit whatever you decide.

No the lobster is by far better in Canada. We did have some in St John as well as Prince Edward Island mussels in Halifax and all I can say is YUMMY! I am still craving the food we had at the Stag Tavern so just wish to lunch on our own.

Thanks for the link I am going to email them to see what they can offer the 3 of us.

Archived