Will we be able to watch the Olympics?

mthayer295

We are sailing on the Dawn this Friday. Does anyone know if they carry NBC? I would hate to miss a full week of the Olympic Games.

We are also on the Dawn leaving on Friday. I hope that we will able to still see the Olympics on TV too. I have sailed in 2008 when the Olympics were on and was able to see it.

Come on over to the Roll Call and say hi. We have a large group going and the Meet and Greet is scheduled for Sat. morning at 10:30 in the Star Bar.

We are also on the Dawn leaving on Friday. I hope that we will able to still see the Olympics on TV too. I have sailed in 2008 when the Olympics were on and was able to see it.

Come on over to the Roll Call and say hi. We have a large group going and the Meet and Greet is scheduled for Sat. morning at 10:30 in the Star Bar.

Getting the sports and such as Olympics and SuperBowl and Sundays games is a function of their satelite system. On big ships those huge white round balls on the ship are their satelite connectors. NCL, as all Cruise lines are aware of the interest of their passengers and they try to allign their satelites with the sports event. There is a more than good chance you will see some of the Olympic programming at various venues throughout your ship. NCL has also recently started integrating satelite events onto their in room television programing as well.:p

Kev:cool:

We just got back from the Pearl Alaskan cruise, 7/22/12-7/29/12 and we were able to watch the opening ceremonies on the large screen in the Crystal Atrium and at various times during the day, one of the channels on the TV was running the olympics. However, the schedule was rather erratic. Considering the interest, I don't know why they just didn't run a continuous feed to the big screen in the Atrium. As others have mentioned, the TV service on NCL, and other cruises, leaves a lot to be desired.

Archived