Holiday Flights

KPGirl

Finding a cheap flight is stressing me out. We are flying to Ft Laudedale on Dec 29 and back Jan 6. Flights out of Toronto include $600 in taxes and fees, what the hell !!! So its Buffalo for us. Does anyone have experience flying at this time? Are there reasonabley priced flights ever available ??? I'm looking at southwest and Air Tran right now they seem to be the best prices.

my guess is that the 29th will be more expensive but it will drop after the New Year.

Do you fly out of Buffalo like we do? If so, check Tuesday fares not only for Southwest and Air Tran but definitely Jet Blue. I find they have the better of the value airlines. Also, you might want to wait for the next Sale. We normally see a Sale in August and we have gone away after the American Turkey Day the last 2 years. You travel a little after that....to fly out of YYZ is ridiculous. We can book a $40 flight for each of the 5 of us, and wind up 2K in after taxes!!

We do fly out of Buffalo < I checked Toronto and its $600 just in taxes and fees. I'm finding Jet Bue very expensive right now. My plan was to wait til Sept to book it.

I looked at Jet Blue and it is quite expensive now, yes. We travel off season and the rates are much cheaper flying out of Buffalo for us. For some though they find YYZ similar.....

Finding a cheap flight is stressing me out. We are flying to Ft Laudedale on Dec 29 and back Jan 6. Flights out of Toronto include $600 in taxes and fees, what the hell !!! So its Buffalo for us. Does anyone have experience flying at this time? Are there reasonabley priced flights ever available ??? I'm looking at southwest and Air Tran right now they seem to be the best prices.

1. Look at alternate airports (MIA, PBI)

2. Always price one-way and open-jaw itineraries. There is no law that forces you to fly in/out of the same airport. (fly into MIA and out from FLL, etc...)

3. This time of year -- really try to get nonstops. Any weather delay can be costly.

4. Buy travel insurance.

Good luck.

we hve check MIA< much more $$$< what is PBI ???

West Palm beach maybe. In all honesty FLL is pretty cheap to fly into in Florida, and the only other viable Airport is Orlando but no point saving a few bucks to have to drive 4 hours to Port.

Keep an eye out for Fall/Winter sales and take it from there. We haven't booked our flight for our December Breeze Cruise yet as prices aren't bad but we have paid less in August the last 2 years we have Cruised...panic has set in a bit, lol...

Keep checking MIA. I realize it's more expensive most if the time but you know how airlines are. Back in April even after pay bag fees, free on SW, it was cheaper for me to fly American to MIA than SW to FLL.

Buffalo is well worth the drive usually when flying to the states. I used to live in Waterloo and would drive there for flights instead of YYZ. Granted its been years now but the ease of parking alone made it worth while never mind the usually substantial savings over an "international" flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest if you haven't already subscribing to the SouthWest and Jet Blue newsletters...this way you will get advanced notice of any upcoming Sales, etc...

You are travelling high time so who knows what luck you will have though...

Archived