Another review from 5/1 Dawn - and pics

JillLynn

Just looked at your pictures, really nice. Our family sailed the Dawn 4/17 or 4/18 (missed a day from the wave that hit, didn't leave till Mon. 4/18). We had a great time. It's nice to see someone else's pictures. Your camera took great photos. You should enter the Statue with the 2 little sail boats in NCL's photo contest. Check website for details. Can't wait to sail again.:)

Nice review and pictures. I am going on my first cruise in Oct. Can't wait! I actually think I know you. Did you graduate in 1980?

Yes I did graduate in 1980! I'm in the book, give me a call. Did we got to HS together?

Just looked at your pictures, really nice. Our family sailed the Dawn 4/17 or 4/18 (missed a day from the wave that hit, didn't leave till Mon. 4/18). We had a great time. It's nice to see someone else's pictures. Your camera took great photos. You should enter the Statue with the 2 little sail boats in NCL's photo contest. Check website for details. Can't wait to sail again.:)

Thank you, I love that photo too! I checked the web site but only saw the winners of the last contest, maybe it will start again soon!:)

Only sailed Carnival prior but we're booked for next year on the Dawn. Couple of questions, is the muster drill in the theater? and how do they fit everyone???

There's a sail away party?? with free cocktails???

At Stirrup Cay, is everyone on the same beach - I thought the island had three beaches? Is there more than one ship tendering in on any given day?

Why were they paging a woman to disembark?? and why was it holding up everyone else??? I'm only familiar with the disembark by decks procedure.

Only sailed Carnival prior but we're booked for next year on the Dawn. Couple of questions, is the muster drill in the theater? and how do they fit everyone???

There's a sail away party?? with free cocktails???

At Stirrup Cay, is everyone on the same beach - I thought the island had three beaches? Is there more than one ship tendering in on any given day?

Why were they paging a woman to disembark?? and why was it holding up everyone else??? I'm only familiar with the disembark by decks procedure.

Just returned from a Dawn cruise so can answer at least some of your questions:

I don't think everyone was sent to the theatre for the muster drill. We were, but I don't know where the other locations were.

There is a sailaway party on the pool deck with a BBQ, live music. I wasn't there so don't know if there were free drinks. Somehow doubt that though.

At Great Stirrup Cay, there's only one beach. It gets very crowded (check out my Dawn 5/1/05 photos if you haven't already. There were 2 tender ships going back and forth.

The reason why that one woman was holding everybody up was because she was not an American--nonAmericans are called first for customs. NO ONE can disembark until every nonAmerican has done the customs thing.

Hope this helps a bit! Enjoy your cruise. :) I know you will!

The sail away BBQ was a lot of fun, but there were no free drinks! :(

Island was very small, smaller than I imagined it to be. Gotta get there early and get a good seat and hold on tight!

Archived