Choice Air

john lewis

Any idea when or if 'Choice Air' will be available in the UK.

At the moment it appears you have little choice and prices are very very high.

A number of TA's are unbundling because 'Celebrity Air Prices are vastly over inflated'. Their words not mine.

Any idea when or if 'Choice Air' will be available in the UK.

At the moment it appears you have little choice and prices are very very high.

A number of TA's are unbundling because 'Celebrity Air Prices are vastly over inflated'. Their words not mine.

Hello John,

I will see if there's anything new to report. When I receive a response, I will post on this thread. Stay Tuned !

I actually did a price comparison using choice air out of LHR last night, and spoke with a Celeb rep today and she said yes, you can book it from the UK now. Price was very good too, but don't know what US air is like and that is the carrier they offered me.

Also, check with Celebrity direct ...they offered me BA Flights direct to San Diego and back from Fort Lauderdale (Miami) for half the price that the BA site quoted me

We are looking at a Canada to San Diago cruise September 2013 and the air price quoted is considerably more than a price I got on the BA web site admittedly it was for this year as next September air won't be available until October. For three people we would save nearly £1500. This could easy pay for hotels and transfers. Prices will go up next year for flights but not by £1500.

My brother was quoted £460 for a flight from Newcastle to Heathrow (direct with BA aboiut £86 return) with no alternative flights available.

A TA unbundled and he is flying Emirates from Newcastle. Private transfers, and two extra hotel stops, one on the outbound and one on the inbound and its still cheaper than Celebrity.

We were told by a Concierge lady whilst on our last cruise that Celebrity have subcontracted flights, hotel and transfers to a third party but how true this is I don't know.

I was under the impression you can book Choice Air from anywhere. Just put in the correct (your home) airport.

Google Choice Air (2 words), then via the Royal Caribean webpage, click on Choice Air website link. You can do a "Quick flight search only" for which you only have to input the ship and sailing date. Then afterwards you can change dates, airports, etc.

On our March 2013 cruise we had the choice of Manchester, Glasgow or Aberdeen. From Manchester it was via New York. Celebrity said other flight options may become available in due time. This was inMarch of thsi year i.e 12 months prior to travel. Eventually Newcastle, our nearest airport came up. It was available intially (last December) at about £1200, but at that price it was a definite 'NO'. In April Newcastle came up, but it would be cheaper to book your own flights and transfers.

Archived