Electrical sockets QE2

natben

As a person from "down under" who has lived in Canada as well as the UK I am wondering if anyone can tell me which electrical plugs are used on board. QE2 bound in June. Thank you.

Not being electrically minded I do not know about the actual sockets, however I can say that having washed my hair, I then could not find a socket to plug in the dryer provided, finally called the cabin steward, and was told "you have to disconnect the TV and use that socket". I was concerned that the hair dryer would short out the socket since it would require more power than the TV.

Adapters Are Available Locally To Covert 230v To 115 V Both 60 Cycle.german Voltage And Or Cylce Being Different But I Believe I Remember Different Voltage And Cycles On The Qe2. Best Regards Jim

I did not see any European 2-prong sockets, only UK three-prong and N. America sockets. The UK sockets were clearly labled 240v and the NA ones 120v. So you would need a plug adaptor to operate devices with standard Euro plugs. I expect (but cannot guarantee) that these are available in the shops on the QM2, however they are available readily elsewhere. BTW we always pack a 3-5m (10-15 foot) extension cord as often the plugs are not located very conveniently.

Most appliances can handle both 50 hz and 60 hz without any problem.

Archived