Safety in Falmouth area?

E&B

We're going to be in Falmouth in just two weeks. We're doing a ship sponsored excursion and I know there are lockers to store our stuff there. But, we also plan on just walking around the port area afterward and doing a little shopping. Other than the obvious watching your personal possesions carefully (I grew up in a city, so I am rather cautious), does any special care need to be taken to avoid pick-pockets and purse snatchers in the port area? Just wondering how bad it might be. I haven't read anything to indicate it is, but thought I'd ask for personal experiences.

The port/pier area is fenced off from the town, entirely safe. Ships would not dock there if it was unsafe.

The town is ok also, the ships that call there all do walking tours in town, not a problem.I have been outside the pier and walked around without a problem on our own. All tourist in Jamaica are subject to vendors trying to sell something, just be polite.

The towns people are very friendly, just use the same caution you would use in any city USA.

Archived