check this out in belize- a must do

andinp

My husband and I just visited Belize for the third time. Prior to this trip, we had never ventured off on our own due to fear of belize perpetuated by what we had read on-line. Well, that was a big mistake. This time we decided to walk out of the port and just to the left we passed a young man offering tours on an open cart-like car. We passed quickly as the young man said "would you like a tour?". He was not pushy and seemed very friendly. The street was lined with locals selling goods and approaching us to buy from them but not as overwhelming as Cozumel. Anyway, we decided to go back to the young man and the attractive cart. This time, there were 3 people sitting in the car- another young man and a young lady. We inquired about the tour and decided to go for it. Wow- they were extremely accomodating and very knowledgable about the island. They showed us the town, shopping areas, the museum, the church, and the beauty of Belize. We had asked to go for some rice and beans and the they took us to a local restaurant where everybody was extremely friendly. What a great time we had. In fact, all of the locals we met were friendly. This was not at all the picture that I had from my readings online.

If you are going to Belize and want to really get out and see it, you should contact them. The young lady and her finance set up the tour company about 2 yeears ago and they are currently working on a web site. Until then, you can contact Shyean Liu at belizehorsecarriagetours@yahoo.com. They offer horse carriage tours ($20.00 per per per hour) as well as motorized tours. Sheyean also said that she would arrange tours in advance to almost anywhere you want to go by email.

The young men (K.C. and Randy) were also great.

Sheyean's cell #: 011-501-604-5403 or 011-501-602-3048.

Anyway, they were great and I regret not going out into Belize (other than through cruise ship tours) in the past. We really missed alot by sticking with the cruise ship exclusively. Give them a try, I am sure you will be pleased. If you decide to just wing it, look for them outside of the port to the left. They wear bright yellow t-shirts that say carriage tours.

Archived