1st time cruiser on the adriatic! 31/05/13

Should we take Kuna or will we be ok with a few euros. We are AI so not going to take too much.

What trips would you recommend or should we make our own way and are the ports far from the main tourist/shopping areas?

Any other tip or your highlights gratefully received!

x x x

Hi there Yorkshire

You have picked the best itinerary fo your first cruise.I have done this one three times- the ports of call are magnificent!

I will bounce my previous reviews up the board for you so keep an eye out for them.Hopefully you will find the info useful.

We took a few kuna from the ship when we went to Dubrovnik for the cable car, but bars n shops n taxi will take euro- but give change in kuna!

Flopsy

Hi Yorkshire

Oh that question made me smile-sorry!

Tender is a lifeboat used to ferry passengers ashore when the ship is unable to dock at the quayside but sits at anchor in the bay.

Passengers wishing to go ashore are taken in a series of tenders that act as 'shuttle buses' all day taking passengers ashore and bringing them back to the ship later on.Like a free taxi service across the expanse of water between the ship and the shore.

Keep firing questions- we have all been first time cruisers!

Flopsy

I was sure I wrote a review of our Adriatic cruise, looking for it for Berwyn as well, but still can't find it. I think I intended to, but Flopsy's was so good I think I may have decided not to bother :D:D Hi Flopsy - brilliant cruise wasn't it?

Hi Linda, Thanks for looking anyway.

Flopsy's review was brilliant, a big help.

Berwyn

On the Kuna, we were in Dubrovnik last year on a cruise and were fine all day with just Euros. Never even got change in Kuna.

But with going to Both Split and Dubrovnik this time we're getting some Kuna just in case.

Archived