My Dawn 5/1/05 Pictures

greenie

Greenie

Great photos, it brought back memories, love the ones of the martini class I had to call Adrienne and told her to look for your photos tomorrow

We have a photo of the four of us, Joe, you Adrienne and me if you would like it I can mail it to me, just e mail me your address and if you don't have my e mail address I can send you a message since I think that still have yours

Can not believe that it was only 2 weeks ago when we met in NYC

Sam

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I've been following your fabulous "chunks" and was looking foward to the photo's. :D My cruise is 3 months away, but reading your reviews and viewing your pictures makes it seem much closer.

Thanks!

Wow so great!!!! Loved the suite and those pictures of Salsa's, now I know it's my favorte place and haven't even been on the Dawn yet!

Thanks for posting and you're doing good. I haven't gotten mine posted from 3/19/05 yet working on them today!!

:) Fabulous Pictures!!!! I got a laugh of the shots of the carpeting, because my DD was just HORRIFIED(!!!) when I started aiming my camera down to the floor, she was like "MOM:eek: !!!, STOP DOING THAT!!!!"

Your cabin looked FABULOUS!!! Was it one BIG room or, did you have a seperate bedroom???? Your balcony was HUGE!!! WOW!!! Our AB balcony was quite small (but very nice) for lack of balcony, we got a very large bathroom, which I LOVED!!!

I got a kick out of your Chocolate Fondue Pot!!! Wasn't that just so decadent??!!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your pictures with us!!!

Suesan

Greenie,

Thank you for the fantastic pics. Makes me want to be aboard NOW! I loved the pics of the carpet, the sinks, I mean you cover everything. LOL You had a fabulous suite, we are so looking forward to this cruise, and meeting our fellow CCs, and enjoying ourselves as much as it seems you did. Thank you again for sharing the pictures with all of us.

Neverthought

Thanks, everybody--I'm really glad you enjoyed them (all 2000 of them). It was either post the photos or write a chunk this weekend--I will be back to chunking :p soon.

Sam I'll e-mail you, I still have it. I'd love the picture!

Suesan, the bedroom was a separate room and the forward balcony was off the bedroom. The AC suites next to us had even bigger balconys--awesome. I had a pic of the bar in our suite and can't find it! Still looking ....

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Greenie: Love the photos and the chunks!!! I am counting down the days to my next Dawn adventure on 6/12. Had a dream about it last night.

The anticipation is growing...help is there a pill for that:rolleyes:

Thanks Greenie!! Have enjoyed your chunks, and the pics are great!! Super to see Gede!! Hoping he's back from Bali by our Oct. cruise!! We had a great time at the Star Bar in Dec.!!

KarlaC, enjoy all the planning, anticipation, and the dreams...all that is half the fun!!:)

For greenie...

Loved seeing ALL your pictures...you tend to pay attention to all the little details like I do. Now that my computer system is up and running again, I'm going to look into posting some of my pictures to WEBSHOTS too. I'm thrilled that I now have the capability to burn my pictures onto a CD to share them with friends...now if I can accomplish things on WEBSHOTS that will add icing to the cake!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the 5/1 Roll Call people...it is nice to be able to put faces with their Cruise Critic names.

Loved seeing the pictures of you and Joe petting the Florida panther...what a thrill...bet NannyNY would have liked that too...such a "big kitty"!

Debjo (still acclimating myself to the new computer system)

Greenie ~ Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I am so glad you took so many pictures of the details. One thing I noticed on your pictures that I didn't notice on others of the Dawn was the stadium-style seating at the pool area. What a great idea!!! Now, people aren't tripping over each other and those who are seated near the top will have the benefits of the ocean breeze on a hot day. That was my biggest (OK, only) complaint on the Norway: Once we laid down on our chairs up by the pool, we got no breeze and absolutely sweltered. I stood up frequently just to cool off a bit (the water in the pool was EXTREMELY cold).

Thank you again, my friend. I will be purchasing a cruise journal today for our trip and will attempt to post many review segments and lots of pictures as well (although, I couldn't even come close to your story-telling ability ;) )

Happy Sailing!!!!

KarlaC, CruisFran is right--you don't want a pill for the intense and all-consuming anticipation! It is a drug in itself--and it's legal, too. :) Enjoy it, it's one of the best parts of cruising, I think. I found myself at a loss, emotionally, once the cruise actually arrived ... I missed having it to look forward to, strange but true. I did find an extremely effective medicine for that, though--we booked our next cruise while onboard! ;)

CruisFran, Gede was so nice and flattered by the fact that we talk so highly of him here at CC. We made sure he knew that! We had a pretty good turnout at the clinic, considering the weather and rollercoasting ... about 15+ people, I'd say.

Mommy2001, LOL at Phil not smiling. I had several with him in it that I didn't post--didn't want people thinking we had a bad time, ha ha. :) He was so nice, and so are you! It was great meeting you both. I wish we could go back, too!

Debjo, it's the little details that I notice sometimes more intensely than the big picture. And there are so many great little details on the Dawn. I can't wait to see your pictures! That panther was so beautiful ...! BIG kitty!

Jlo, thank you! I am envious of you, leaving on the Dawn in ...FIVE DAYS!! Wow, you must be crazy with excitement by now!

Greenie ~ Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I am so glad you took so many pictures of the details. One thing I noticed on your pictures that I didn't notice on others of the Dawn was the stadium-style seating at the pool area. What a great idea!!! Now, people aren't tripping over each other and those who are seated near the top will have the benefits of the ocean breeze on a hot day. That was my biggest (OK, only) complaint on the Norway: Once we laid down on our chairs up by the pool, we got no breeze and absolutely sweltered. I stood up frequently just to cool off a bit (the water in the pool was EXTREMELY cold).

Thank you again, my friend. I will be purchasing a cruise journal today for our trip and will attempt to post many review segments and lots of pictures as well (although, I couldn't even come close to your story-telling ability ;) )

Happy Sailing!!!!

2Cruise, your review will be great too--when someone has been on a cruise and cares enough to write about it for the rest of us to gobble up, whatever they write is enjoyed immensely! You are right about the pool being cold *brrrrrrrrrrrr*! I can't wait to hear about your cruise and pictures! Feed me, I'm always hungry for cruisin' stuff! ;)

2Cruise, your review will be great too--when someone has been on a cruise and cares enough to write about it for the rest of us to gobble up, whatever they write is enjoyed immensely! You are right about the pool being cold *brrrrrrrrrrrr*! I can't wait to hear about your cruise and pictures! Feed me, I'm always hungry for cruisin' stuff! ;)

Greenie ~ I just went to Borders and bought the cutest journal! There's a hand-drawn picture of a woman laying back in a loung chair on the cover. She's holding a martini in one hand and her suitcase is on the floor next to her. I immediately picked that up! It has pockets on the inside cover. I can't wait. I'll be writing in this thing every day, I'm sure. I don't want to forget one single little detail (if at all possible!). I did the same thing for my wedding and both pregnancies.

BTW, did you get a chance to see any of the AB Penthouse suites? We got upgraded to an AB a couple of weeks ago. If you have seen one, is the whirlpool tub in the Master bathroom big enough for 2 (;) )?

Also, belated Happy Birthday to Joe :D

Greenie, Sorry, I might have missed it but I need to ask. Where were you with the picture of the big kitty? I wanna go there. Looks like a lot of fun and I love cats, any kind.

Thanks

Archived