Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Assuming, of course, that they have the dock repaired. We are booked on the June 23rd sailing and are worried. Anybody know how late they will run tenders if the dock is not finished?

The dock should be finished by 6/23. Come join our 6/23/13 roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1548622

We are hoping to put together a M&G and possibly a cabin crawl.

I agree. And I love the orchestral music soundtrack.

The ship does look lovely! Keep those great videos and photo's coming, everyone!!!

BTW, the music in the video is Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite #1, Morning Mood. Edvard Grieg is one of the most famous composers from Norway (since he was "Norwegian", I assuming that is why they chose this particular music).

Hi! I'm on that sailing, also. Have you checked out the roll call for the June 30th sailing? You can be added to our meet & greet list if you want. :D Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1547647

Hi and thank you! I saw that thread but I've been skeptical about joining the roll call since I'm traveling with lots of family, not to mention my DH & DD4, so committing to a time/place can be a bit tricky. Guess I still have time to decide. :D

Almost in Bremerhaven. Time for the rest of the crew, entertainers, and provisions to start arriving. [ATTACH]265030[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Can anyone tell me why she did a full circle in the harbor?

282621197_BreakawayBRM4a.jpg.69ba744effb4a2f4a4c15956a3fb1e98.jpg

Can anyone tell me why she did a full circle in the harbor?

Oh and to answer this question, as you can see in the first webcam photo, Breakaway came in bow-first, but in the second image I posted after that (in the dark), you can see that she is obviously turned around. That "spin" on the map is just showing that they spun the ship around so they could dock the ship on its starboard side. ;)

I don't think it was a full circle. She seems to have backed in to her berth.

Oh and to answer this question, as you can see in the first webcam photo, Breakaway came in bow-first, but in the second image I posted after that (in the dark), you can see that she is obviously turned around. That "spin" on the map is just showing that they spun the ship around so they could dock the ship on its starboard side. ;)

Thank you, I knew you guys could explain it ;)!

So here's another very cool tidbit, and its actually where the image I posted above originally came from. The link below is to an interactive webcam caled the Bremerhaven 360 Network Dome Camera. Once it loads up (assuming it works on your computer) you can use the commands at the middle/bottom of the page to actually rotate the camera's view, zoom in/out, tilt up/down, and even adjust the focus. To see the Breakaway, you'll have to start by panning far to the right, then zooming quite a bit. This will of course be a lot easier during daylight hours, but still its a pretty nifty deal. Check it out! :D

http://82.198.200.23/local/viewer/index.shtml

Cool thanks joeski, I will try it once I get home :)

Yeah evidently only one user can control the camera at a time, and in the bottom you can see your position in the queue ("Ihre Position i.d. Warteschlange"), and how much time you have left at the controls ("Verbleibende Wartezeit").

The button at the bottom right toggles between "request controls" ("Kontrolle anfordern") and "leave controls" ("Kontrolle abgeben").

Once you've got that stuff figured out you're good to go :)

Yeah evidently only one user can control the camera at a time, and in the bottom you can see your position in the queue ("Ihre Position i.d. Warteschlange"), and how much time you have left at the controls ("Verbleibende Wartezeit").

The button at the bottom right toggles between "request controls" ("Kontrolle anfordern") and "leave controls" ("Kontrolle abgeben").

Once you've got that stuff figured out you're good to go :)

Thanks Joe, will try it tomorrow in the daylight. (Wish I didn't sleep through two years of high school German classes :eek:!)

The ship does look lovely! Keep those great videos and photo's coming, everyone!!!

BTW, the music in the video is Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite #1, Morning Mood. Edvard Grieg is one of the most famous composers from Norway (since he was "Norwegian", I assuming that is why they chose this particular music).

Thanks for that info! Appreciate it.

I know it's a bit early but I would love to see some info on the splash academy my son will be in the 10-12 year group . Has anyone seen any information for the Breakaway kids programs? I will be asking some of the early cruisers to post some dailies once the Bermuda sails get underway. Thanks :)

On the NCL UK website they seem to have updated the room description of the S7 Forward Facing Haven Penthouse Suites. Deck 13 now says Privacy Balcony.

Breakaway 13106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 3 , Wheelchair Accessible

Cabin Includes Convertible Single Sofa Bed ,

Certified Butler Service , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port

Side , Cabin Square Footage (377) , Safety Deposit Box ,

Telephone , Bathtub , Sprinklers , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Shower , Total Square Footage (409) , Forward Section ,

Balcony Square Footage (32) , Pier Forward , Convertible Lower

Beds (2) , Desk , Wheelchair Accessible , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Internet Access , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors ,

Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Hair Dryer , Television ,

Privasea Balcony

Someone on another thread had contacted their PCC at NCL today and was emailed this drawing of one of the S7 Forward Facing Haven Penthouse Suites (13706) on Breakaway. I think it clearly shows the room layout and hull balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=265060&d=1363806536

I know it's a bit early but I would love to see some info on the splash academy my son will be in the 10-12 year group . Has anyone seen any information for the Breakaway kids programs? I will be asking some of the early cruisers to post some dailies once the Bermuda sails get underway. Thanks :)

They have rolled out a new program across the fleet. The program on the Breakaway should be the same as the Epic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thanks Joe, will try it tomorrow in the daylight. (Wish I didn't sleep through two years of high school German classes :eek:!)

I had no German classes, that's what Google Translate is for ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived