any different or unusual shore excursions in Montego Bay??

caggfamily

I've been to Jamaica a few times on cruises, and overall have not been thrilled with it. Last time we went horseback riding, but are looking for something unique. We have two teenagers but are not interested in the beach, Dunn's River Falls or ziplining or any of the typical excursion offerings. Has anyone done something different and fun?

Hello caggfamily, what would you consider an unusual tour? I'm thinking about doing the whiteriver rafting at Caliche, but trying to find out if the water levels are up enough for rapids. If that sounds interesting, here are some links.

http://www.whitewaterraftingmontegobay.com/descriptions.htm

http://www.shoreadventures.com/excursions.aspx?id=117

Would your family find history tours interesting & unique? Are you looking for some sort of activity/sports type adventure?

OH WAIT--I see in your signature that you've already sailed. What did you decide to do? Was it fun? Let us know if you update the board!

Sorry. I didn't realize I had a signature that everyone saw. That one is very old. I updated my signature so hopefully it correctly reflects that we will be sailing on the Conquest in December. Thanks for the suggestions, but trust me when i say that except for my husband, white water rafting is not on our list of must do activities. My girls are active though and enjoy horseback riding, ziplining, snuba, snorkeling, surfing, anything but sightseeing. I saw that Jamaica does have a horseback riding trip on the beach which we haven't done before but i'm going to keep looking. thanks

Mayfield Falls. It's an awesome adventure. It's not nearly as touristy as Dunn's, it's in the jungle and it's more of a two hour hike up the river, rather than a climb like Dunn's. You would not regret it. It's pretty remote and the drive there causes some motion sickness, so if you are prone, be prepared. It's totally worth it!!

Archived