Westerdam-Europe or Prisendam- Mediterranean

basildog

We've taken two prior cruises with HAL, Alaska and Mexico, and have decided on another, kind of last minute, trip. I guess you could say we're getting hooked. We're looking at a September cruise to Northern Europe on the Westerdam, or the Mediterranean on the Prisendam, also in September. I wonder if anyone has travelled to either of these destinations at that time of year, and which you would recommend. We have not been to Europe, nor have we been on either of these ships, but we're tending to the European itinerary. I'm just wondering if September is going to be rainy and cold, and whether farther south would be better weather wise.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

If you've never been to Europe, I'd recommend the Med cruise for your first one. You don't say which itinerary it is, but it's sure to be filled with lots of cities and places you know well from old history classes. Plus, while the Westerdam is a lovely ship, the Prinsendam is as "classic" a cruise ship as you're likely to see these days. THe opportunity to cruise on her should not be passed up.

Archived