phillyken

phillyken

Some say I march to the beat of a different drummer. Maybe I do. While in

Bermuda, I like to dance with the Gombeys. In Jamaica I like to eat festival on the beach and roasted fish sold at the the carts, go to the open market in Kingston for sugar cane and pineapple, and surround myself with raggae music.Of course I always ventured out with a native Jamaican friend.My wife and I will be in Bahamas October 23 on cruise with NCL Jewel.My question is,

is there an opportunity to take in the local flavor of the country while there? I hear the calling of the melodic steel drums.

Some say I march to the beat of a different drummer. Maybe I do. While in

Bermuda, I like to dance with the Gombeys. In Jamaica I like to eat festival on the beach and roasted fish sold at the the carts, go to the open market in Kingston for sugar cane and pineapple, and surround myself with raggae music.Of course I always ventured out with a native Jamaican friend.My wife and I will be in Bahamas October 23 on cruise with NCL Jewel.My question is,

is there an opportunity to take in the local flavor of the country while there? I hear the calling of the melodic steel drums.

You're traveling during the off season, so it's unlikely you'll find a Festival or cultural happening. Since it's a Tues..I doubt anything will be happening.

You might want to head to the fish fry at Araway Cay for lunch or dinner.

The Fish fry is a village of small local restaurants, own by bahamians. Oh Andros would be my pick.

If you are in town in the evening, you can go to Atlantis marina village and listen to the local band outside Bimini Road.

Sorry to say, nassau is very commercial and americanized. Not very cultural unless you head out to the out islands.

Thank you for your quick response. I checked with Karen (sashabucket) who corrected me and said we would actually be there Thursday 10/25 from 0800 to 1730 then back to the Jewel for the cruise home. I always have fun wherever I roam, and make friends and experience new things along the way.I am sure we will find something interesting to do.

Thank you for your quick response. I checked with Karen (sashabucket) who corrected me and said we would actually be there Thursday 10/25 from 0800 to 1730 then back to the Jewel for the cruise home. I always have fun wherever I roam, and make friends and experience new things along the way.I am sure we will find something interesting to do.

you might want to look into the historical walking tour. You can find a link on my website www.bahamas-treasures.com Link is on the left.. at the bottom.

Archived