Paradise Beach Review

ladyt

Let me start by saying...Oh my Gosh...what a beautiful beach. I cruised on the Victory on May 8 and our stop in Cozumel was on Tues May 10th. We were the first ones on the beach and even though they were not opened yet, we were permitted to use the beach chairs.

The beach was crystal clear blue and was so calm (just the way I wanted it). The weather was great and the water was warm. Food was delicious and service was superb.

Both my husband and I indulged in 30 minute massages and felt so relaxed after. The massages were perfect, she asked us if the amount of pressure she was using was enough.

I feel bad that I did not take a few minutes to meet Paradise Tom, but I am sorry to say, I competely forgot about you. I spent most of the day in the water with my family and the rest eating. Sorry!!

My sons enjoyed themselves. It was funny to watch my older (17) climb up the iceberg as my husband was unsucessful (but hey, I did not even try it because I knew there was no way I could do it!!)

The best part of our cruise was our time spent at Paradise Beach!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the fun.

We are looking forward to coming back to your beach, hopefully I will be able to thank you in person Paradise Tom!!

I had a different perspective. I've never read anything but rave reviews so I had very high expectations. First let me start by saying that I was in Grand Cayman the day before so 2 beach days back to back with 3 kids is hectic no matter what. And we were a little sunburned and it was a heat index of about 100 degrees so we were a little cranky off the get go. The cab ride was about 1/2 hour, no big deal. The beach was absolutely beautiful and well groomed. The people were very very nice and the munchies were delicious.

But here's the downside....

My kids thought the sand felt like "rice" and the water was filled with seagrass in the wading area. My 4 year old didn't like that at all. The bottom of the ocean was very rocky, not sandy. Wear your water socks here folks! The water trampoline was fun. My 8 yr old did the rock climbing wall but she was scared to death to slide down the other side so I had to "rescue" her.

So in summary, I was left thinking that the beach at Grand Cayman was nicer because of the white powder sand and crystal blue water. Don't get me wrong, Paradise Beach was well groomed, clean and the staff was amazing. The expectations were high but I just didn't like the sand and water there as much. There was a lot of debris in the ocean as well. If you have a small child like mine (4 yrs old) it isn't the best option because the wading area is rocky and grassy, debris in the water, can't use the water trampoline and rock climbing wall yet, the sand doesn't feel nice, and most of all, there is a LARGE drop off after you swim out a couple of feet.

I hope this is helpful. As long as you know what to expect when you get there, I"m sure you will have fun. Next time we are going to do something else in Cozumel since there seems to do so much to do.

The day that we were in Cozumel was sunny with some clouds. The sea was very calm. Yes the sand was different than what my family was used to, it was coarse but not hard to walk on. We were right in front of the iceburg and the water there was rock free.

The water does get deep kinda fast but I put a life vest on my 8 year old and he was able to swim all around with me!!

Hopefully I can get some pictures downloaded.

We visited Paradise Beach in January and mind you the water was a little to cold for me (I live in FL) this time of year and so my DH and I walked down the beach and he spranged is achileous (sp) tendon. We live 10 minutes from the beaches in florida and pratically live in the sand.

It was very rocky, so we wound up at the bar all day.

ladyt...FORGOT ABOUT ME???? :mad:

How could you? I was worried sick all day! Had you down in my daytimer and was meeting and greeting up and down the beach looking for you! And all this time you were frolicking in the water, not a care in the world....Tom Who?? LOL

So glad you and your family had a great time at the beach hopefully we´ll meet next time...if you´re not tooooo busy :D

mojoscruise...hope to see you here!

kaykels...the sand on the west coast (not just PB) is coarse because of the lack of grinding wave action that wears the sand down to finer consistancy...like you would find on the other side of the island.

We have about 350 ft of beachfront. Some parts of the ocean are rocky, some are not. Like ladyt found, the area in front of the iceberg and the trampoline are rock-free.

Debris? Was there a shipwreck that I was not aware of that day? :) I don´t know what you mean by that, maybe some seaweed that got kicked up by some swimmers?Other than that, glad you enjoyed our food and friendly staff...thanx for checking us out!

tivvy...just so people don´t get the wrong idea, our beach is ALL sand, not "very rocky". If your hubby tripped on a rock or conch shell, it was likely left there by a kid (they do that!). I don´t get the "very rocky" comment. We do have rocky areas in the water, but not on dry land :confused:

Spending the all day at the bar was good medicine though, I bet :D

PB Tom,

I have read so many great things about you and PB that I must come and meet you. I am going to go on my first cruise Sept 25th and will be marrying the love of my life on board the ship. We will be in Coz on Sept 30th and would love to share a day of our honeymoon with you on what sounds like the beat beach around. Looking forward to it.

Gary

We were at Paradise Beach on the Glory in early April. We loved it there but would agree about the seagrass, etc., in the water. Didn't bother my husband or others but does me. This wouldn't work for a child but I basically walked out on the dock where there is a ladder and swam from there. It's not over your head but I'm not crazy about touching bottom anyway. I love the ocean but not crazy about swimming in it...does that make sense? I think most anywhere you are going to have debris in the ocean...part of what makes it so beautiful!

PB Tom,

My husband and I will be on a cruise to Cozumel on Oct. 5th. and plan on coming to Paradise beach. I hope will get to meet you! I read your profile and your birthday is the same day as our wedding anniversary! So, Happy Birthday! I'll be toasting you!! See you at the beach bar!

Oct 5th...you're in the book!

Happy Anniversary...tomorrow!! My Sweetie is taking me out for my B-day dinner in Playa del Carmen tonight and we´ll stay at the revamped Blue Parrot Hotel on the beach. Tomorrow we'll just laze on the lounge chairs and swim, drink, read, and do all the things I see our guests do at PB!! :D

See ya in Oct!!

Ok...never made it to PDC! Mrs. PBT developed a craving for a chicken sandwich at Coconuts and of course I'll never deny her her cravings sooo, off to Coconuts we went.

Of course, as so often happens on our little island, we met up with some long-lost friends and socialized WAY past our intended ferry departure time! We ended up staying at the little hotel beside Coconuts. Love falling asleep to the sounds of crashing waves!

Due to some past history and a long story which I won't bore you with, Luka or Luca is being considered, but not as strongly as before. We're looking at baby name books too!

Tom,

Both my husband and I visited your beach on April 7th, unfortunately we did not get to meet you.

Your manager was so nice to come and to tell us that he had talked to you and you were in town and would be back around noon.

So we of course we hug out and caught some rays while your staff made us so comfortable. I have to say we had the best food and service I have ever had on a beach. I guess why you can call it paradise.

Well, the afternoon came and once again your manger came over to say you weren't going to make it back.

You had told me before I came that you would celebrate my 38th birthday with some shooters and thats just what your staff did. I didn't get to do the shooters with you but your staff made it enjoyable.

I have to honestly say you have a GREAT CREW working for you. Please make sure you let them know.

We also left you some of the Select Chunky soup and Sally some of her favorite chocolate behind the bar. I hope you got it.

Thanks again for the shooter, food and especially the service. As I was coming out of the bathroom there was someone sweeping and putting down a clean rug, I was very impress. We will definitely be back. We also brought other families from the cruise that we meet to your beach, they too were impress.

Keep up the good work.

Ed and LaVonna

Grand Rapids, MI

HI! PB Tom, we will be down to see you in Oct. sailing on the first and will be in Cozumel on Oct 4th. We should be a big group of at least 12! My sister and I aren't shooter girls but will buy you a Kamakazee when we see you! How exciting about your soon to be bundle of joy! I like the names if your taking a poll? lol

burnsie

I was just at PB last week and while it does have coarser sand, it isn't a bad thing. The sand I am used to here in Texas is the real fine stuff that gets everywhere and stays with you for days. The good thing about the PB sand was it stayed on your feet when they were wet, but after I washed them off before leaving I had NO sand lingering on my trunks, shoes, body, etc. Makes the rest of the day so much nicer when you don't have sand grinding down your skin when you walk.

I have some photos of our cruise and our time in Cozumel at pattersons.smugmug.com for those that want to see what PB is all about. We did the jet skis - were a blast - swam, snorkeled, played, drank, and ate. Everything was great. I think the best part was seeing a couple of stingrays leaving the place while I was snorkeling past the iceberg. I had just been to Stingray City the day before, but seeing them in Cozumel seemed more "real".

By the way Tom, I was the guy you met when you were helping out behind the bar last Friday.

Hey! PB Tom!

Wanted to let you know our family of 4 will be headed your way June 11 from the Carnival Ecstasy. We're celebrating a couple of occasions - my 35th b-day and our 5th anniversary (a few months early). Celebrating early because this will be a "going away party" of sorts for my hubby who is being deplyed to Iraq the end of June. The kids are 11 and 14 so we're hoping they will enjoy the water activities.

Only question we have is this. Are plenty of taxis available to return us to the pier or maybe downtown or will we have to call for one?

See you in a couple of weeks.

Heather

luv2cruise03...yer in the daytimer, looking forward to meeting y'all! :)

burnsie...kamikaze shooters? Wow, that brings back memories of my childhood! Errr...College! Ya, college...um...hood? That's what I meant....

Bundle of joy or the "Bump" or "Tope" as we call it will be on scene late October. We were stuck on "Luka" (Loo-ka) but are exploring other options......hasta la vista!

DantheMan...Since the bartenders don't usually need my help, I sure do remember being there and chatting with you! Glad you enjoyed your day with us and tell me, what kind of rays were they? The little yellow rays or something bigger...thanx!

ShowSkiMom...Great! I'll introduce you to luv2cruise03! I'm all stocked up, thanx...hasta la vista!

environ2...there are always plenty of taxis waiting, no need to wait!

Sounds like a lot of celebrating going on! Unfortunately, my wife and I will be in NYC at that time but please tell your waiter that Tom is buying you a round of shooters...they'll deliver! Have a fun day and Happy B-day and anniversary!

Looks like we're going to NYC the next day, so I'll get to see y'all again!

Don't know what we're having yet, but Luka can be a guys name too...like the Doctor on E.R.!!! I'm thinking...GUY- Luka. GIRL- Luca! Ahhh...who knows. I'll pick up some baby name books in NYC!

Archived