Who is responsible for Ultimate final booking of a cruise ship

vvnh16a

I am just curious who within Celebrity is ultimatlely responsible for filling the ship up with passengers before it sails, making price adjustments along the way and making guarantee cabin assignments prior to sailing?

For an airline there is a Gate manager who is ultimately responsible for making sure a particular flight leaves on time and has the authority to make finalupgrades just prior to push back from the gate.

For Celebrity, Im sure there is a particular department with this responsibility and within that department there most likely are ship managers who are monitoring the passenger booking levels (per specific cruise sail date) compared to historic trends and are able to make the price adjustments during the 6-12 months or so prior to actual sail date. I would assume these "Ship managers" are the same ones that are making guarantee cabin assignments...or am i wrong. Could the guarantee cabin assignment be made by a computer generated program???

If anyone has any insight as to how the actual pricing takes place ( when prices are raised or lower, when discounts such as Exceptional deals, state specific, military or teacher are applied etc) or how pasenger guarantees assignments are made .....please jump in! What is the 'Corporate" title of the person responsible for a specific sailing of a specific ship within the Celebrity fleet ....I would think this job would require a very experienced and knowledgeable person, and carries the appropriate title to reflect his/her responsibility !!

I am just curious who within Celebrity is ultimatlely responsible for filling the ship up with passengers before it sails, making price adjustments along the way and making guarantee cabin assignments prior to sailing?

For an airline there is a Gate manager who is ultimately responsible for making sure a particular flight leaves on time and has the authority to make finalupgrades just prior to push back from the gate.

For Celebrity, Im sure there is a particular department with this responsibility and within that department there most likely are ship managers who are monitoring the passenger booking levels (per specific cruise sail date) compared to historic trends and are able to make the price adjustments during the 6-12 months or so prior to actual sail date. I would assume these "Ship managers" are the same ones that are making guarantee cabin assignments...or am i wrong. Could the guarantee cabin assignment be made by a computer generated program???

If anyone has any insight as to how the actual pricing takes place ( when prices are raised or lower, when discounts such as Exceptional deals, state specific, military or teacher are applied etc) or how pasenger guarantees assignments are made .....please jump in! What is the 'Corporate" title of the person responsible for a specific sailing of a specific ship within the Celebrity fleet ....I would think this job would require a very experienced and knowledgeable person, and carries the appropriate title to reflect his/her responsibility !!

Seems to me the ultimate responsibility would be their SVP of Sales Dondra

I am just curious ...

Could the guarantee cabin assignment be made by a computer generated program???

I certainly hope Celebrity doesn't use computer generated decision making, given the quality of their website. :rolleyes:

Beth

OK if it is Donra, how is the SVP of Sales staffed .... obviously each ship and sailing date is monitored to make price adjustments but is this all done by computers, one person or a team within Celebrity Corporate making the decisions.

It's called the REVENUE department.

I am sure they use a computer as well as other tools to try and maximized their income

Besides the normal cost of a cabin including staff, bathroom supplies, food, etc., they also consider what a passenger will spend on the ship in the shops and excursions.

Dondra is VP of sales, she is reposnible for the sales staff and to sell every cabin on the ship.

It is revenue that sets the price and makes the necessary adjustments when sales are week.

I have seen prices go up and go down as it gets closer the sailing date.

Archived