11/06/05 Voyager weather?

COR

I like this itinerary from Monte Carlo to Funchal, but am concerned what the weather could be like. Anyone experienced with travel at this time of the year?

I like this itinerary from Monte Carlo to Funchal, but am concerned what the weather could be like. Anyone experienced with travel at this time of the year?

We too are concerned about the weather and would appreciate comments. Our plan is for back to back cruises on the Voyager - Athens to Monte Carlo and then to Funchal.

Dave

dwkoester@earthlink.net

Lynn and I have made three crossings in the past 2 years; 1 Mariner from Funchal-FLL in Nov; 1 Voyager FLL-Monte Carlo in Apr/May; and 1 Diamond Rome- San Juan in Oct/Nov. The weather has been variable. The Mariner crossing was good, but we had a couple of days where the seas were a bit choppy due to a large storm about 1000 miles north of our track. The Voyager crossing was perfect with calm seas all the way. The Diamond crossing was good, but we had a couple of days of choppy seas once out in the Atlantic. While in the Med the seas were very nice and the temps were in the high 60s to high 70s. None of the seas were all that bad, since we were able to dance most every night. Temps on all three cruises out in the Atlantic were in the high 60s to mid 70s. Sea temps were in the 60s. GO FOR IT!

We will be on the voyage and expect cool but pleasant weather in Spain an then warmer days when we are in N. Africa and the Canaries. Last year we did a similar itinerary in October and except of 1 day the weather was delightful

I agree with Dougburns, the weather varies from year to year (or even week to week). However, if you plan on staying on in Funchal it will be the cold season so pack accordingly. Also, be sure your hotel has central heating...not all do.

• 2 weeks later...

We will also be on this cruise (our first, ever!). We were in Barcelona/Catalonia a year ago January, and even at that time the weather was high 50's/60's and sunny. I also think it will be a good time for Morocco, which can be brutally hot.

Is anyone on this cruise staying on in Funchal for a day or two? Booked a hotel yet?

Shirley

We will also be on this cruise (our first, ever!). We were in Barcelona/Catalonia a year ago January, and even at that time the weather was high 50's/60's and sunny. I also think it will be a good time for Morocco, which can be brutally hot.

Is anyone on this cruise staying on in Funchal for a day or two? Booked a hotel yet?

Shirley

We will also be on the November 6th cruise but are b2b to FLL. We stayed in Funchal several years ago at the Cliff Bay Resort. It was beautiful and I would highly recommend it. It's just a bit down the coast from Reids. They have a web site http://www.cliffbay.com. We loved Madeira and would like to stay longer than a day but that's for another vacation.

• 1 month later...

We just booked the b2b for this Monte Carlo to Madeira and then transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale. It's our first Radisson cruise and we're very excited. We have an F guarantee cabin - and wondered when this will clear. Does anyone know.

Also, since we've never done b2b, do you know, can we just get off in Madeira and see the sites and reboard when we wish, or do we have to disembark and then go through the embarkation process again? I believe we'll have the same cabin, so I'd prefer not to pack and unpack.

Also, we're interested in the cooking course on the second leg. Do you sign up with the other excursions, or is it done separately?

Really looking forward to this and to meeting all you great people. Looks like a great itinerary and some relaxing time afterward. Thanks for any comments.

Harbormaster, Sounds like you are getting ready for a wonderful cruise. You should not have to go through the disembarkment process at all. I've not done a b2b, but heard you can get off after most of the other passengers have gotten off and enjoy your day in Madeira. As far as the Cordon Bleu classes are concerned. You book those through your travel agent. From what I hear, they book up quickly.

Beth

We just booked the b2b for this Monte Carlo to Madeira and then transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale. It's our first Radisson cruise and we're very excited. We have an F guarantee cabin - and wondered when this will clear. Does anyone know.

Also, since we've never done b2b, do you know, can we just get off in Madeira and see the sites and reboard when we wish, or do we have to disembark and then go through the embarkation process again? I believe we'll have the same cabin, so I'd prefer not to pack and unpack.

Also, we're interested in the cooking course on the second leg. Do you sign up with the other excursions, or is it done separately?

Really looking forward to this and to meeting all you great people. Looks like a great itinerary and some relaxing time afterward. Thanks for any comments.

We are booked on the Monte Carlo-Madeira segment, in a "D" guarantee cabin; our travel agent said we'd know the actual assignment about 3-4 weeks prior to sailing.

We are REALLY novices to the cruise world... our first ever, even though we've travelled to about 30 countries. Looking forward to meeting you all as well. For any of you staying on in Madeira, we booked the Quinta Bella Vista in Funchal for 11/13 and 11/14, and then we'll be in Lisbon for one night.

Archived