St Martin Divi on own or CCL

I need to decide soon if we should go to Divi Resort on our own or book the CCL excursion......I am usually not this apprehensive and do not know why I have this unsure feeling. We always do things on our own because it saves so much money and gives us for freedom but since we have never been to St. Martin I am not sure. We are a family of 4 and our sons will be 4 and 7 when we cruise.

DC

Oh how lucky you are! We went to St. Maarten earlier this year and I have to say that it was my favorite island on the eastern caribean itinerary.

We were on the Carnival Glory. My husband and brother and in law decided to go scuba diving so my sister in law and I went with our daughters 12, 11 & 8 to Divi. We took the CCL tour and I have to say it was great. This trip included your transportation, beach chair, use of resort, lunch BBQ and 2 drinks. The resort is very nice. The beach was crowded but they managed to get beach chairs for whoever needed them - we opted to go to the pool and found chairs for all of us. The girls loved the pool and went back and forth from the pool to the beach all day. The facilities are nice and clean and the food was good. The beach had a little wave action (more so than Saphire Beach in St. Thomas) so the girls had fun.

You could rent kayaks, banana boat rides, Seadoos (or whatever they are called). Someone said the snorkeling wasn't great.

They had a few shops in the resort so you could pick up a t-shirt or jewelry.

It was a lovely time. I would recommend this trip to anyone. It would be cheaper to do it on your own, but it was nice not having to worry about transportation. The dock area at St. Maarten is wonderful also. Very clean and new. Have a great time and don't worry about a thing.

Kathleen

Archived