Teen Activities/Clubs

conandrob240

just off the Epic (review will come soon!). My 13 yr old nephew LOVED the teen program. Adored the kid's he met, the counselors and said the actitivites were mostly "awesome". This is all from one of the most quiet/ shy kid's I have ever met so it was HUGE that he loved it so much. Of course, he is begging for another cruise next year. Looking at Epic again or Breakaway. But also other NCL ships. I was curious as to how similar the teen programs are across NCL's fleet? Will you generally find a similar set of planned activities? Are all the "Entourage" clubs generally the same?

We were on the Gem with our 14DD this summer. The teen club there is called the Leopard Lounge. DD was very disappointed with the teen program on that ship, every time we walked over to that lounge, the door was locked...no hours posted. We signed up on the first evening at Bliss Lounge, she recieved teen dailies, and would go to some of the events (ie. meet at rock climbing wall) but we never saw the inside of that lounge. PS, she and a friend went to that rock climbing wall and couldn't find anyone from the teen club there either!

We are booked next year on the Breakaway, and we are looking forward to Entourage, and hoping it will be a dedicated space for the teens. Was the club on the Epic open during day/evening? or only for specific events? I would love more info on that.

Also, I read and enjoyed your Epic review. I'm hoping the Breakaway doesn't have that "crowded" feeling.

Entourage was open during posted hours (hrs in teen sheet and also in Freestyle Dailies). The only disappointment was that the hours were also limited. I understand only scheduling activities in evenings after long port days but I saw no reason why the club itself couldn't be open during the day fro freestyle activities like air hockey, etc. Entourage Club hours were generally 6-1am on port days, 3pm- 1am on sea days.

I would guess the enjoyment depends on the group of kids on that sailing. I think he met a girl he liked and there were generally 20-30 kids who participated in the activities every day.

I hope Breakaway is better designed so you don't feel the crowds so much. We may do Breakaway to Bermuda next summer. Cruise price more expensive than Epic or others to Carribean but no airfare for us so it may balance out.

I will add that I peeked in to Recess and picked up the ages 3-5 and 6-9 schedules and thought the club looked great and the activities listed seemed really fun. I think NCL is really trying to give DCL a run for the money on kids' programs.

Archived