Would you take a stroller (Med Cruise)

Mercury

We are taking a cruise to Venice, Ravenna, Koper (Slovenia), Dubrovnik and Split, Malta, Sicily and Naples.

We have a 3year old and 5 year old and we are wondering if it is going to be a good idea to bring a stroller with. I know that the streets in Europe tend to be cobbled streets and that will make it difficult to push the stroller. On the other hand, I'm sure that it will come in handy when the 3 year old gets tired.

Anyone have any advice for me?

TIA!

Absolutely bring two umbrella strollers. They are lightweight and handle better on the cobblestones because you have more mobility. When the kids aren't in them- they are often happy to push them and they are good for carrying odd's and end's (like backpacks and purchases). They will get tired. Keep in mind for each of your step they walk two or three steps. It's a lot of walking for kids. Kids are good sprinters but I've found not good on marathon walks.

When you are in a crowd- you will be happy to have a stroller also.

In Venice there are all sorts of bridges but we did have a stroller and it made my life easier because during the day the little alleys can be packed with people and your child could easily turn a corner and you could lose them.

The kids will love the wall walk in Dubrovnik- you will not need the strollers if you plan to do that- the town within the wall is small and car-free- very safe for kids. The umbrellas will be hard to carry up the steps to the wall and will be useless up there. We loved the wall walk and the views.

Hope that helps

Another vote of absolutely! I was so glad to have one for my twins, and they were 5 at the time (Rome, Barcelona, Malta, Turkey, Cairo - all places with uneven roads, etc). Without the stroller, we wouldn't have been able to just keep going when they got too tired to walk and we had a pretty zero whining trip because of the stroller and lots of snacks. You do want a stroller that you can carry easily up/down steps, etc. when necessary, and that has sturdy wheels for the cobblestones.

Have a great time.

Best,

Mia

Archived