Dzibilchaltun by cab??

aprilh

Just wondering if anyone has been to the Dzibilchaltun ruins by cab instead of booking a tour with Autoprogreso? We are wanting the freedom of coming and going at the time we want, and frankly budget is a factor for us this time. It looks like admission is $8 pp (115 pesos), and we should be able to get a cab for like $10, right?? Does the Autoprogreso tour include a guide the entire time that we would miss out on if we did it ourselves? How much could we expect to pay a guide on site? We would love to maybe see a few historical sites in town too. How much should we expect in cab fare from the city back to the port? Thanks so much for your help!!

Just wondering if anyone has been to the Dzibilchaltun ruins by cab instead of booking a tour with Autoprogreso? We are wanting the freedom of coming and going at the time we want, and frankly budget is a factor for us this time. It looks like admission is $8 pp (115 pesos), and we should be able to get a cab for like $10, right?? Does the Autoprogreso tour include a guide the entire time that we would miss out on if we did it ourselves? How much could we expect to pay a guide on site? We would love to maybe see a few historical sites in town too. How much should we expect in cab fare from tthe city back to the port? Thanks so much for your help!!

hi last time I gave info did not posted but lets see this now

the entrance is right $115 mexican pesos per person

a guide at the mayan site is $300mxp

and a can cost you between $60 usd$80

usd for dzibilchaltun only

we got tour operator in land

a good price fare....good service and we never felt unsafe we back on time and we spend the time in mayan site and merida city in our own then drive back to progreso

ask for pricing to tunichnah @ outlook .com

I reccomend carlos

Just wondering if anyone has been to the Dzibilchaltun ruins by cab instead of booking a tour with Autoprogreso? We are wanting the freedom of coming and going at the time we want, and frankly budget is a factor for us this time. It looks like admission is $8 pp (115 pesos), and we should be able to get a cab for like $10, right?? Does the Autoprogreso tour include a guide the entire time that we would miss out on if we did it ourselves? How much could we expect to pay a guide on site? We would love to maybe see a few historical sites in town too. How much should we expect in cab fare from the city back to the port? Thanks so much for your help!!

You can get to the Dzibilchaltun ruins by taxi, of course. It costs around 60 USD for 3 hours according to the official price. That means they take you, wait on you and bring you back. $80 if you need a van.

Admission is still $115 pesos per person and while you can walk around on your own, you will miss a lot.

Guides are available on site and will charge for 1 hour or 2 hours, 200 or 300 pesos if I am not mistaken. They have this stupid system for the guides - it's a first come first served idea so you can't pick your guide and some of them have atrocious English. If you can find an older guy named Jose Ancona and try to get him, by waiting until his turn comes up. His English is excellent and he knows his stuff.

Hope this helps. Don't forget a swimsuit and towel for a dip after your ruins tour.

Wow, thanks so much for the great info! So it's looking to me that we are probably better off just doing a tour through Autoprogreso. I don't want to miss out on anything & regret it later. So with the tour, do they keep the group together and provide a guide, or are you just dropped off and left to wander and hire a guide on your own? Also, I can't tell from the website what time the tour leaves and gets back to the port. Does anyone know?? We will be there on a Wednesday from 8:00-4:00. Thanks again for the reply!

Archived