Help me decide...please!

suzies29

Hi Everyone,

My husband, myself, and my mother are all going to take a cruise together. My husband and I are mid 30's and my mom is in her early 70's. My mom doesn't go anywhere unless I take her with. We are going to get a balcony room and have it narrowed down to the Carnival Legend (leaves Tampa and goes to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...2 days at sea) and the Carnival Victory (leaves San Juan and goes to Southern Caribbean area...1 day at sea). Both come out to about the same price...flight is a little cheaper for Tampa..but I don't want to make that the deciding factor. Can anyone give me input on what might be the most well rounded cruise for all of us? I am a little afraid that the Legend cruise is a lot of tenders and not sure how easy that would be for my mom? Any advice is greatly appreciated and THANK YOU in advance!:)

Stu, I am a little worried about that too, even for myself and my husband...we would like to relax a bit, but I have been to St Thomas so we would probably just navigate that ourselves. We would probably just pick a couple of excursions, not every day.

How mobile is your mom? Two of the four Legend stops are tenders and in windy weather can be tough to get on and off.

I wold go with the cheapest and do what you can when you are onboard. Perhaps she can make some friends and have others to hang out with.

I too would do "Legend" without hesitation. The Port of San Juan and the airport there are very difficult (IMO) and the port and airport in Tampa are just the opposite! (Very EASY) The cruise out of San Juan is VERY port intensive, and could be a problem for Mom. The sea days give you, and your Mom a chance to rest . I wouldn't stress too much about the tender ports. Just wait a bit from the time you first get into port, before you go to the tenders to leave the ship, and you won't have a problem. Also, the "Legend" has fewer passengers, and is less crowded, and is much easier to navigate around on than the "Victory" is.

Whichever you choose, I know you'll have a GREAT cruise, and THANKS for takimg MOM along. ;)

"SKY"

I love the Legend...not as big, doesn't feel as crowded, easy to navigate. If you're worried about the tendering, you can always make those days additional sea days (especially Belize), but I really don't think she will have a problem with them. While I would like to do the Victory southern, I really don't want a cruise which is that port intensive, and I've heard nightmares about flying back from San Juan (not sure what the problem is there).

Whatever you choose, hope you and Mom have a great cruise!

Archived