Aft balconies on Cat D/E cabins on Freedom Class - loungers or no?

Toddcan

Just came across this thread. We enjoyed an AFT cabin on Explorer of the Seas with lounge chairs. We decided to book an AFT cabin for the Westbound TransAtlantic cruise on Liberty in Oct 2011. When we arrived, there were no lounge chairs. We asked the room attendent and we were told due to company policy no lounge chairs allowed on the AFT balcony (except suites).

During the cruise, we were invited to a luncheon with officers. We ate with an officer from the hotel department. Well, after he asked the table a few times how the cruise was going.....I mentioned the fact we did not have lounge chairs on our cruise. He stated he was a corporate decision no more lounge chairs on balconies.

Since my friend booked an AFT room based on my recommendations, I told her when I got home that my balcony did not have any lounge chairs. She went on the Freedom (Jan 2012) and she did have lounge chairs.

Sounds like it was just the Liberty.....

Yes, we are about 33 days until our cruise. Can't wait.

There is NO way I would have taken a JS upgrade from my 7708 corner aft. The balcony on that particular cabin is just too precious.

My precious... ;)

There is NO way I would have taken a JS upgrade from my 7708 corner aft. The balcony on that particular cabin is just too precious.

My precious... ;)

We have cabin 7708 for our B2B on the Liberty in a few weeks. We also just booked aft cabin 1402 for a December cruise on the Freedom. If we can't have lounge chairs on the balconies though, not so sure we'll really enjoy them.

We have cabin 7708 for our B2B on the Liberty in a few weeks. We also just booked aft cabin 1402 for a December cruise on the Freedom. If we can't have lounge chairs on the balconies though, not so sure we'll really enjoy them.

From the pile of research I have done on this - it only seems like the Liberty has had the issue with no loungers on aft. But, some people have reported getting them. Let us know how you make out

My precious... ;)

We didn't know any difference since always being interior:confused:....BUT, did check the 'footage' and found the Jr. Suite would be a bigger cabin along with a bigger balcony. Naturally I was pretty upset:mad: when I saw the change but after seeing the layout of both; CALMED DOWN!!:o Next January we will be in cabin 1406 and will then have a better comparison. One thing I do want to remember and remind myself when we book a balcony again....make sure we are on the oposite side from the JR-9544 cabin....had too much sun, which I see the corner aft cabin you can get into some shade. Bob had kidney transplant 4 years ago and with all his medication; is not to be in the sun.:( BTW 'Toddcan', how's the little granddaughter doing???;) Judy

Dahhh!!:o Guess I should read my own 'post'....1406 is NOT an aft cabin....BUT, we plan to book the 7408 again on another Freedom Cruise next year. Have seen pictures from another thread and seems like there is lots of shade and large balcony.:D See what happens when your retired!!!!!:rolleyes: Judy

Judy - no worries!

Grandaughter is a cutie. She's pretty awesome

Your grandaughter must be about 5 months old now....getting to be a real person with the smiles and all. Remember those days well.....:) Enjoy as much time as you can.....they grow up 'REAL FAST'!! Judy

Dahhh!!:o Guess I should read my own 'post'....1406 is NOT an aft cabin....BUT, we plan to book the 7408 again on another Freedom Cruise next year. Have seen pictures from another thread and seems like there is lots of shade and large balcony.:D See what happens when your retired!!!!!:rolleyes: Judy

1406 is an aft cabin. It's on the tenth deck. Our friends have 1406, 1706 and we have 1400. I even put in our reservation "NO Upgrades" . I don't want to lose that cabin!!!!! It's a D1, but just a little smaller than the JS. It doesn't have the large bathroom or walk in closet, but that's OK with me. I want the balcony and the larger room.

1406 is an aft cabin. It's on the tenth deck. Our friends have 1406, 1706 and we have 1400. I even put in our reservation "NO Upgrades" . I don't want to lose that cabin!!!!! It's a D1, but just a little smaller than the JS. It doesn't have the large bathroom or walk in closet, but that's OK with me. I want the balcony and the larger room.

AGAIN!!!!:o Don't know where my mind is today.:confused: I KNOW, 1406 is an 'aft cabin'....I've been looking at the picture for the past week....and that is the one we booked for next January. Would love to try for the 7408 corner aft again (the one we were 'upgraded' out of!!). DH likes the idea of the bigger cabin. ANYTHING is bigger than the interior (119 sq ft):D BUT the JR-9544 was an awesome cabin....just too much sun in the afternoon....I think it's located on the 'port' side??:confused: Good thing there are people reading this to keep me straight.....:rolleyes: Judy

I just got back last week from the LOS where we had the biggest E1 Balcony ever!!! Cabin 7408 is amazing!! It has 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table with plenty of room to spare. The balcony has both shaded and sun areas so it meets everyones needs. I will attach some pics.

The corner aft balconies on Deck 9 are too small for loungers but I believe deck 8 corner aft 8410 had loungers also.

75470542_7408LOS(2).jpg.cedff47e14604a82d783b194094d0032.jpg

1943499055_7408LOS.jpg.698f26a992cf559e4cc0eea2b0bf1d9b.jpg

We were lucky enough to snag 1700 on the Indy for the December 22nd cruise. The room was "very roomy" even with my rented scooter and 3 of us and the balcony was amazing!!! 3 chairs, small table and 2 loungers. We spent a lot of time out there, together and separately. Best way to spend your first cruise!

We were lucky enough to snag 1700 on the Indy for the December 22nd cruise. The room was "very roomy" even with my rented scooter and 3 of us and the balcony was amazing!!! 3 chairs, small table and 2 loungers. We spent a lot of time out there, together and separately. Best way to spend your first cruise!

I have 1400 on LOS, which is my first cruise also! I believe we just spoiled ourselves!

I just got back last week from the LOS where we had the biggest E1 Balcony ever!!! Cabin 7408 is amazing!! It has 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table with plenty of room to spare. The balcony has both shaded and sun areas so it meets everyones needs. I will attach some pics.

The corner aft balconies on Deck 9 are too small for loungers but I believe deck 8 corner aft 8410 had loungers also.

Thanks for the update...very good to hear. We have cabin 7808 in 2 weeks for B2B cruises (10 days). We booked that cabin specifically for the large balcony & loungers and we're going to be so disappointed if we can't have them. It seems like there's hope again. Fingers crossed.:)

Just off FOS, cabins 8690 and 8698 - only chairs on balconies if this helps

Thanks for the information, but this thread is asking about loungers on the aft balconies. They are a lot larger than the 2 balconies you mentioned - which are not aft.

• 2 weeks later...
All Aft Balconies on Independence had both regular and lounge chairs, although the Royal/Presidential Family Suites had much nicer padded loungers than the D/E staterooms.

Thats great news :) i have one in May Hopefully nothing changes

• 3 months later...
Thats great news :) i have one in May Hopefully nothing changes

Were the loungers still there? We are on the LOS next May booked an aft cabin hoping the loungers are still there:).

Sarah

Sent from my Nexus S using Forums mobile app

Were the loungers still there? We are on the LOS next May booked an aft cabin hoping the loungers are still there:).

Sarah

Sent from my Nexus S using Forums mobile app

Hi Sarah,

we also booked an aft for the TA on LOS. Really hope to have loungers. If not, I hope our little girl can convince the cabin steward that we really need one.

Greetings to Colorado

Just got off of Freedom, cabins 1402 D1,1404 D1 and 1406 JS.. D1s had 2 loungers, 2 chairs , and small table... JS had 3 loungers, small and large table, 2 chairs, plus a larger type deep seat chair...

David