Who has been where?

UofIKCP

To help with my research paper (see thread "Student with Questions), if you have the time and desire, please drop me a message about where you have been, where you would like to go, what kind of travel interests you...you know, that sort of stuff.

If it's more Cunard traveling, great. If it's other travel options (respecting the fact that this is a Cunard message board) you can email me your stories/memories/future travels at UofIkc@hotmail.com.

As always, thanks for your thoughts!

I had my first cruise at age 29 on the Caronia. Left from Genoa (9/14/00 - 14 days) and stopped in Athens, Monemvasia, Santorini and Delos, Greece. Bodrum and Ephesus, Turkey and disembarked in Istanbul where I stayed on for a few more days. I can't remember the actual port names for this cruise.

My second cruise was the Grand Holiday Caribbean on the QE2 (12/22/01 - 16 days). We left from Ft Lauderdale and stopped in St Thomas, St Kitts, Martinique, one overnight in Barbados, St Lucia, Grenada, Curacao, Ft Lauderdale and then up to NYC. Six sea days.

Third cruise was Westbound Transatlantic on the QE2 (10/1/02 - 6 days). Fantastic. Took the Orient Express to the ship after a two day stay in London. Decided on this trip when I realized I enjoyed the port days but really looked forward to the sea days. To me, it's the best part of the trip.

Fourth cruise was Three Continents Transatlantic (3/26/04 -17 days). I really enjoyed my time on this ship. Passengers mix a quite different from those on other Cunard ships - more Americans. Left from Ft Lauderdale and stopped in Barbados, Senegal, Las Palmas and Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, overnight in Madeira, Lisbon and disembarked in Southampton. Nine sea days.

Last cruise was the Dreamer's Caribbean on QM2 (1/29/05 - 7 days) Left from Ft Lauderdale and stopped in St Thomas(?), St Maartin, and another island I can't remember the name of. Itinerary was not that exciting, but I went to enjoy the ship and all that she has to offer.

I should mention that all my trips have been as a solo traveler - gifts from my wonderfully generous parents who can no longer travel. My fiance and I just booked the July 3, 2006 Independence Day Sampler. This will be his first and I hope to get him hooked!

If you are interested in seeing some of the pictures taken during these trips just let me know and I will email them on to you.

Archived