Our family cruise, Magic 8/19/12 w/pics

Meyer2

Oh, this is going to be a good review. Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks!!

So.....After resting a bit at the Hotel (Oops, 4 out of the 5 of us fell asleep), We got ready & headed out to Rainforest Cafe for our dinner reservations at 6.

DSC_0015.jpg

The kids with the Red Eye Tree Frog:

DSC_0020.jpg

The Birthday boy showing how big his pizza is & let me say...He ate the whole darn thing! Teenage boys...LOL!

DSC_0022.jpg

Then showing his hand up against his sister's kid pizza.

DSC_0023.jpg

The little one with his mac & cheese.

DSC_0024.jpg

Time for the Birthday Boy's celebration with the Volcano dessert & song.

DSC_0029.jpg

He was such a good sport :D Especially for a 14yr old!

DSC_0033.jpg

DD with Grammie.

DSC_0035.jpg

The yummy Volcano dessert, we each took some & then DS worked on it, this is after multiple bites already.

DSC_0034.jpg

And what was left. He could have eaten more (Darn teenage boys, LOL), but I had him stop, didn't need him getting a tummy ache. :)

DSC_0036.jpg

After dinner, we drove along the sea wall & headed back to the Hotel. They have complimentary Mini Golf there, so we went to let the kids play a round.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

We call our kids our Monkey's & so I had to have a picture of these, should have made the kids join in, LOL.

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

This is looking back at the main front part of the Hotel.

DSC_0045.jpg

This picture shows the pool area. I didn't go over there to get a closer picture because it was super busy with kids & families as the hotel was packed between would be cruisers, summer vacation families & there were some kids Baseball tournaments going on nearby.

DSC_0053.jpg

Hey.....We know them....It's my parents...

DSC_0054-1.jpg

Silly boys.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Really looking forward to your review!! You are off to a great start! We are sailing on the Magic in January so we read every review that has pictures to get us all excited about the adventure.:)

Thanks! You will sure enjoy the Magic! Mom & I will be back there in January! When do you go?

You're kids are adorable, loved DD nails! Great review and pix, can't wait to read more!

Thank-you!!

Love your review. I remember suprising my daughter with her first cruise almost the same way..

Awww, cute! Thanks!

Taylor- Glad to hear you are well!

Loving this so far! Reminds me of last summer when we took our kiddos on Ecstasy out of Galveston. Had the time of our lives!!! I am hoping to take them on Magic next year. We are about to go on Magic in 2 weeks with friends for a grown up cruise. Can't wait for more pictures.

Thank-you! Ah, the Ecstasy was a great ship too. Our 1st time on the Magic was for just DH & I to celebrate our anniversary. Enjoy, especially the Serenity area!!!!

Loving your pics Krystin! ;) Can't wait to see more!:D:D:D!!

Thanks girl!!! You getting excited for your next cruise?

my mom did that but it was disney world

That would be neat too!

Hey question for ya did your kids first time go waterwork on the Magic?

Yes they did & loved it! DH, My Mom & I even did the slides some. :D I have some pictures. I'm just having a problem getting them on here right now, so later I'll do some more on my review & add more pictures.

Crank that picture posting machine back up! :D:D:D

We want to read more about your cruise and see more pics!

And yes, getting excited! I can't believe I'm still not even in the 100's yet for how many days we have to wait, LOL. But this cruise is so super port heavy, I'm going to need these six months to just plan excursions alone. I only have $200 before this cruise is paid off for the four of us Krystin! I'm so happy!! However, I worked like a dang DOG to pay it off with extra CPR classes in late July and ALL of August....teaching sometimes as many as three classes a day. My health has suffered for it though with not being able to have time to eat right and exercise. Eating on the go to and from different places to teach. Well, at least almost the entire cruise is taken care of though. Next will be paying off the excursions. Hoping to pay at least one excursion a month, and maybe a little extra spending money as well. But we won't do an excursion in every port, just maybe three or so.

Okay, nuff about me:o, this is YOUR THREAD! Waiting for more stories and pics!!!!!!:D

Oh my....A snake....

DSC_0067-1.jpg

At the end of the course.

DSC_0068-1.jpg

When we got back to our room, the kids found one of their Cruise Critters relaxing. Hermin the Royal Froggie.

DSC_0069.jpg

Bed Time. (Oldest stayed in my parents room.)

DSC_0071.jpg

Woo Hoo!!!!! After all the waiting, the day has finally come!!!! It's Cruise time!!!!!

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DD's bow matches her shirt & has a bottle cap in the center that says 'Sailor Girl'.

DSC_0076-1.jpg

Like I previously said, the Hotel was packed for this particular weekend. They have the the free shuttle to the cruise terminal & we were just going to do that. But the one negative I have about the Hotel's program for this, is it's a 1st come 1st serve basis the day of. You can not sign up when you check in. Well, there were 7 of us in our group & there were multiple groups trying to go at the same time as us & they had 12 & 18 & there were still other smaller groups. So, we decided to load everything into our van & leave my parents car at the Hotel & we just parked at Lighthouse parking.

Some of the cramming, LOL, Youngest DS isn't too thrilled with having to share his space with luggage & all. ;)

DSC_0080.jpg

So we got to Lighthouse parking & a bus was there within a few minutes, we were all loaded & dropped off at the terminal about 9:45. Luggage given to a porter & we headed down to the entrance.

My parents had a suite, so they had VIP embarkation, so they went into the separate entrance for x-ray. Neither they, nor us had a line at all. Our bags were checked to make sure the water had water, soda's were soda's & that the wine was it's original seal. We were then on our way & up for check-in. We had our choice of 4 reps ready to help. LOL! All went quickly & we were given zone 5 for boarding, not bad, as we found out they started at 4 I think.

There were the wedding parties they started going close to 11:00, then VIP & then regular boarding zones. Woo Hoo!!!! We waved at my parents as they went by ahead of us. :D

We did of course, do the embarkation photo, a must for us as we like to purchase them. We had been told that embarkation would take place on Deck 0 for our cruise & the gangway would not be used. Apparently the wind was high as the Magic came in that morning & they weren't able to turn & line up correctly for the use of the gangway. No biggie! All still went super quick & easy.

My Parents tried hard to be the 1st ones in the Red Frog Pub, but my Dad has a bad knee & it slowed them down some. They were 2nd, darn. LOL! We also used that as our meeting spot. On our way there, we stopped at the Plaza Cafe & picked up our Bottomless Bubbles sticker for DH, Oldest DS & I. We pre-ordered these through the BV dept.

Finally onboard!!

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Archived