Need some help before deciding to book my first MSC cruise

newbie8

We are considering a MSC cruise (Magnifica) mainly because of the good price and the kids free deal. We have cruised before but never with MSC.

Now I read many negative reviews on MSC but I do accept the fact that you get what you pay for and I guess I will still enjoy the cruise if I manage my expectation. Just don't expect to receive Hilton service if I have paid for a Motel 6 room so to speak.

In order to better budget my trip, I would like to know what is charged as extra.

- I read in a review mentioning paying 9 euro to watch a short 4D movie, I thought that entertainment was included but obviously not ! Are all movies shown on board charged or is it just because this is a 4D version ?

- are club activities for kids charged extra ?

- are activities (outside the clubs) charged, e.g craft activities for kids ?

- I know softdrinks and juices are charged, how about icecreams ?

Also, many people seem not be happy with the (included) food options. I always like to see food pictures, does anyone that has sailed with MSC has any blog/trip report that would show some of the food picture ?

Many thanks for your help !

Entertainment t including kid's club is included in the cruise price. Some things like F1 simulator and 4D movie theatre are extra.

Ice cream is only free at lunch or dinner. If you go to the ice cream bar on the pool deck, it's extra.

Just don't expect to receive Hilton service if I have paid for a Motel 6 room so to speak.

I would say the MSC service quality is definitely above Hilton. Admittedly, the rooms are smaller, but otherwise it definitely is ahead. When comparing MSC to land-based resorts, I'd say it's comprable to a four star Riu or Iberostar. So it's not like a five star Kempinski or Westin, but still very good.

Ice cream is only free at lunch or dinner. If you go to the ice cream bar on the pool deck, it's extra.

On the pool deck they serve Gelato and it is so worth the small extra $. Can't wait to be back on the Poesia for the coffee flavored and the strawberry.

Archived