Atlantis-water park hours, taxis

Im sure this has been asked, but after doing search i still can not find answer, neither on Atlantis website:

we are going to be in Nassau oct 16th. I wondered what the hours of operation are for the waterpark... also.. whats the easiest way to get there without doing excursion through carnival??

cheapest taxi and how long can we expect the ride back to be so we leave in plenty of time to catch our ship

taxi prices for 2 kids, 2 adults- there and back?

thanks guys!

Did you try the ports of call board. There is a lot of info on that site and you might get a faster response. We too will be there on the 16th. but will go to the Sheraton instead as we have been to Atlantis seevral times and no longer wish to fight the crowds or may stay on the ship. We will be there the week before also.

The hours for the water park are 9-5. Not sure on price for taxi. We were there a few weeks ago and did a dolphin excursion at Atlantis through Carnival. The trip over in a large van was maybe 10 to 15 minutes. The way back was about 45 minutes and it was AWFUL. The traffic was terrible. Our driver cut in and out or it would have taken longer. So allow for a LOT of time on the way back compared to there early in the morning. Someone mentioned water taxis, but there were none there when we were there. Also be aware that it sounds like there are more ship passengers left at Nassau than any other port. Our ship left 16 to 18 (different reports from different sources) people there that were late. NOT good and probably due to the traffic in the afternoon being so different than in the morning.

Im sure this has been asked, but after doing search i still can not find answer, neither on Atlantis website:

we are going to be in Nassau oct 16th. I wondered what the hours of operation are for the waterpark... also.. whats the easiest way to get there without doing excursion through carnival??

cheapest taxi and how long can we expect the ride back to be so we leave in plenty of time to catch our ship

taxi prices for 2 kids, 2 adults- there and back?

thanks guys!

In May, we paid $4 per person each way for the cab to take us to and from Atlantis. I don't recall how long the ride was. I believe we docked around 7 and took our time getting off the ship. We waited in a loooong line about 1/2 hour before the desk opened for day passes (at 9 am). We were in the water no later than 9:45 so had plenty of time in the park before heading back to the ship...I think we left to go back probably around 4 and our ship departed at 6, if I remember correctly.

We went back in 2010, there were about 15 of us and we booked a room at the Comfort Suites so that we could gain access at a much cheaper price. I think it was around $200 or so for the room and that allowed us 4 wristbands, we checked in when we got there and out at the same time since we really just needed access to the park. I don't know if they still do this or if anything has chnged but you might want to do the research here on CC on the Bahamas board.

I've seen a lot of posts about it being crowded but when we went it was not crowded at all and that is an understatement, the kids absolutely loved it and still talk about it today.

The van ride over was about 30 bucks for all of us and it too 15 minutes or so, nor traffic but again we could have just been lucky. I know there was one other ship in port that day.

Good Luck to you and safe and happy travels!

If you go to the Bahamas Port of Call board you can find literally everything you need to know about Atlantis. There's even a Nassau native who posts on their everyday in the very unlikely instance you thought if something that hasn't been asked. For example, day passes often sell out, so you may want to either do the Comfort Suites option (keep in mind that in addition to room fees per person, you have to pay several extra fees at CS, so it's sometimes, but not always cheaper) or up you can reserve a day pass in advance through a Bahamas tour operator like Majestic (i think thats right, for exact name, check the Bahamas board.).

Before yo book, I would read the most recent reviews on the Bahamas boards. Several of the slides are closed for long term repairs and the new owners have reportedly released the maintenance staff and really let the place go. May still be worth it to you, but given the expense I'd research before you buy.

Archived