Celebrity vs Princess for Cruisetour in Alaska

sbellante

I know Princess will be better on the land portion and Celebrity will be better food, etc. on the cruise portion.....any feedback on which one you would choose?

We did land/cruise tour with Princess. We generally sail with Celebrity but Princess does a great job in Alaska. Wanted to see Glacier Bay and when we sailed, Celebrity did not go to Glacier Bay. Food was good but do think Celebrity does a better job. Was nice having washer/dryers on the ship for cruisers use.

We did an Alaska Cruise Tour with Princess and they did a great job.

After 6 Princess cruises we did our first Celebrity last fall and loved it! I think Celebrity did a better job on the ship (although we would still take another princess cruise!).

But i think for the land portion Princess did a great job, and Alaska is an area they put a lot of focus on. We went all the way up to Prudhoe Bay, so it was VERY rustic, but the tour guide was fantastic and a lot of fun! They had the process down perfect. And the princess properties we stayed at were very nice and well maintained. I would highly recommend Princesses Cruise Tour for Alaska.

The one thing we learned, if we ever did it again, was that we should have done the Land Portion first and down the cruise southbound. The 7 days on land were fantastic, but very exhausting compared to being on the ship and it would have been nice to have 7 days to relax after the tour. But instead we went home happy but exhausted!

While Celebrity is my preferred cruiseline, we took Princess to Alaska. The option to get to Glacier Bay, better hours in the ports, and (we heard, cannot say for sure) preferred docking berths, sealed the deal. The cruisetour was well organized and, frankly, I think we may have enjoyed it even more than the cruise portion because we felt like we experienced much more of Alaska. I have nothing but good things to say about our Princess cruise. I concur that doing the land portion first works well, and we enjoyed the one-way Seward to Vancouver route. I am sure that you will have a great trip with either cruiseline.

Archived