how will Montreal Jazz Festival impact sightseeing?

Our cruise will end in Montreal on Saturday, June 29, 2013, and I understand that this will be during the 2013 Jazz Festival. We intend to spend one or two days in Montreal doing sightseeing on foot and using Metro. How should we adjust our sightseeing to avoid getting caught up in festival crowds? Which places in the downtown and old Montreal area will be hosting the outdoor concerts?

Our cruise will end in Montreal on Saturday, June 29, 2013, and I understand that this will be during the 2013 Jazz Festival. We intend to spend one or two days in Montreal doing sightseeing on foot and using Metro. How should we adjust our sightseeing to avoid getting caught up in festival crowds? Which places in the downtown and old Montreal area will be hosting the outdoor concerts?

You are worried about the WRONG thing. It's not the Jazz festival, it's the long weekend you should be worried about. You better book your room well in advance and book any of the best restaurants in town well ahead of time as well. The festival is around Jeanne Mance and St-Catherine Street West. It won't impact you very much unless you want to go in that area for the free concerts (or paid concerts). But restaurants and hotels... that's a worry. (As an innkeeper, I will have a three day minimum and I guarantee you that I will get it and at a premium price.)

Archived