Updates on Harrison Caves Closing

JacobOliver

Hello:

Does anyone have updates when Harrison Caves will be closed? I had heard it was postponed, once started would take a year to complete the renovations. We will be in Barbados in February.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:D

I just went on the Harrison's Cave website yesterday and contacted them for information about the closing. I haven't heard anything back yet. The home page mentions nothing about a closing. We're sailing in June, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is postponed.

I just received the following response from the cave staff:

Hello there!

As far as I know, the cave will be open for business on June 22,2005. jmapp

I know it doesn't give a lot of info, but for those of us traveling in June, it's good news!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi...just returned from today from our cruise....we were in Barbados on Wednesday the 15th, and the caves were open....anyone who is undecided about this tour.....take it....it is awesome.........

I am doing a land-based vacation to Barbados in Oct, and when I went to see which ships would be in port on what days, I also checked out the excursions being offered (to try and avoid the crowds...). On Carnival, they offer a Harrison's Cave tour, but it specifically states the caves will be closed from July-Nov. I emailed Harrison's via their website, and have not heard back. I would not rely on them being open, and would have a back-up plan.

Nikki

Archived