Anyone been to Playa Uvas? Looks good!!

Splatt

:)I have been to Cozumel on past cruises and absolutely love Nachi Com. My group is looking for something a little different and came upon Playa Uvas as another choice in Cozumel to spend a nice beach day. This place says that is located close to the pier and an entire day pass including all alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages is only $28.00 (They also have a price including food if anyone is interested) I am looking for any more information anyone may have as far as what they liked, disliked, or even heard about this place before we book it. Any information is appreciated.

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Thanks vplsh! What is the pool like at Uva? Does it have a swim up bar? Not a necessity for us but it sure would be fun!! My group of 6 loves the beach and sun so if there are plenty of reclining chairs with umbrellas, free drinks served on the beach, and cool water to play in....we will be in Heaven

From what I remember the pool was kind of small and I don't remember a swim up bar. Definitely not like Nachi. Playa Uvas is very pretty, and the food and service was very good. They have beach beds and chairs and umbrellas. The snorkelling is very good.

I'll post when we get back but not until late December.

• 2 weeks later...

went here for our first Coz day. Its not really a beach day kinda place, its very rocky. If you want to snorkle its great as its part of the natural reserve, but for swimming its not very nice. The beach itself is very small. The drinks are good, we did all inclusive drinks, but food was extra, and took a bit of time to come out, although very good. Swimming pool is ok, Im not a pool kinda girl though when that crystal blue water is an option. Also, there really isnt any beach type activities other than snorkling and laying out, they have a restaurant, massage area (busy the whole time we were there) and small craft vendor area.

I just booked Playa Uvas for the third time. We really enjoy the resort and the staff. We do the discovery SCUBA two tank dive. We also get the all inclusive (food and drinks) The resort is small and the beach is rocky. If you use water shoes, you will have no problem. Once your in the water it is great. As stated above, the snorkeling is good too. The pool is very small and I have not seen it used. There are plenty of chairs placed for use on the sand.

Good luck with your choice!

Archived