My first cruise - excursion info

firehawk1

Hi.

I am going on my first ever cruise! My client is inviting me to go and its all arranged.

We are going to Cozumel from Texas.

I am not a water/swimming/sea guy (I have a phobia of stuff like that) and looking at the excursions provided by carnival cruise, I have a few questions I would love to hear answers to and apologies in advanced for asking such stupid newbie questions!

I am looking at doing the Passion Island by Power Catamaran. I see mixed reviews.

Has anyone done them before here? your experience? What happens from the get go until the end?

Tipping - how much should one tip? When should you tip?

What is the boat ride like?

Where do they pick you up from to take you to the island and where do they drop you off?

In regards to food - I am a vegetarian and I do not drink alchohol - are such options available?

Do you HAVE to do any activities or can you just do what you like i.e sit and relax....sleep....etc...

About clothing for men - what is recommended? (no way in hell will i be topless... haha)

I am heading there next month in Oct 2012

Looking forward to your valuable responses!

WE HAVE DONE THIS TOUR TWICE, AND LIKE IT. WE DO NOT GET IN THE WATER, JUST LAY IN THE SHADE AND DRINK BOOZE FROM THE OPEN BAR..THE BOAT RIDE IS 40 MIN EACH WAY, AND WE LIKE IT. IT CAN BE A LITTLE BUMPY..WE THINK THE FOOD IS GOOD..THER ARE SEVERAL BARS , SO NEVER CROWDED..IF YOU TAKE THE EARLY TOUR, YOU CAN GET CHAIRS AND TABLE EASIER..HOPE THIS HELPS..WILL POST A COUPLE OF PICTURES.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/sany2026u.jpg/]sany2026u.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/sany1711.jpg/]sany1711.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you! :) really appreciate that.

I never wear sandels. I guess I hate showing off my feet :p

when you say the boat ride is bumpy.... how bumpy?

Where does one go to embark on this trip to the island from the place the ship docks in Cozumel?

If the water is a little rough it can affect someone prone to sea sickness.. The kids all love it. You are just crossing some swells. When you get off the ship, you just walk to the head of the pier, and there will be someone easy to find with a sign for your tour..

Thank you! :) really appreciate that.

I never wear sandels. I guess I hate showing off my feet :p

when you say the boat ride is bumpy.... how bumpy?

Where does one go to embark on this trip to the island from the place the ship docks in Cozumel?

Archived