Hobby to Galveston / Houston liquor store

Glamourgal

Hey Everyone, We are very excited to be taking our very first Disney Cruise in Oct. Currently we are booked with Disney Ground transportation for round trip transfers that are $60 per person, round trip. Although this is a great price the only problem we have is that we will not know what time our shuttle will be picking us up at the airport until approximately two days before our trip and were told it would probably be around noon. I usually like to be on the ship by that time but if that's the best we can do, then so be it, but if anyone has any other suggestions for around the same price, I'd love to hear them. We are a party of two adults. One other thing we are staying at the Holiday Inn in Houston and arriving the day before our cruise so we will have to take the shuttle in the AM back to the airport from our hotel. This leads to question number TWO...As I said we are arriving the day before our cruise. We usually like to take a couple of bottles of wine, maybe some soda and water on board. Can anyone tell us where we could get these items if we are staying at the Holiday Inn, Houston Hobby Airport??

I can't help you, but currently booked on DCL transfers too. I am thinking I will cancel tomorrow as i found a decent rate on a rental and I can park near the port for $50. I was told I can arrive at the airport luggage area as early as 10 to catch the bus, just need to find a Disney rep in the baggage area, but I too want to be sure I get there early...and then coming back i don't want to be too early as I have a mid afternoon flight. I really don't want to get to the airport by 10 or 11 and sit for hours.

I am going to google directions tomorrow and see the distance. I don't plan on stopping for anything, but you could probably google and see what you find near the port.

I can't help you, but currently booked on DCL transfers too. I am thinking I will cancel tomorrow as i found a decent rate on a rental and I can park near the port for $50. I was told I can arrive at the airport luggage area as early as 10 to catch the bus, just need to find a Disney rep in the baggage area, but I too want to be sure I get there early...and then coming back i don't want to be too early as I have a mid afternoon flight. I really don't want to get to the airport by 10 or 11 and sit for hours.

I am going to google directions tomorrow and see the distance. I don't plan on stopping for anything, but you could probably google and see what you find near the port.

Which cruise are you booked on? I decided to just go ahead and keep my reservations for the Disney transfers, as I too learned that I could arrive at the baggage terminal at 10. The port is only supposed to be about 45 min from the Hobby so that is better than I first anticipated. I also contacted the hotel in Galveston that we are staying at and they told me there is a beverage store within 2 miles of the hotel and they offer a free shuttle so that will work as well.:)

Which cruise are you booked on? I decided to just go ahead and keep my reservations for the Disney transfers, as I too learned that I could arrive at the baggage terminal at 10. The port is only supposed to be about 45 min from the Hobby so that is better than I first anticipated. I also contacted the hotel in Galveston that we are staying at and they told me there is a beverage store within 2 miles of the hotel and they offer a free shuttle so that will work as well.:)

Sept. 22. Still doing the research on it.

You are going before me...you will have to let me know how it all works out for you!! Have a GREAT trip!!

I will..I ended up canceling the DCL transfers. Since some other girls in my party are also renting cars, we just decided this is the way to go.

Archived