Hotel in NOLA for Cruise leaving the weekend of the French Quarter Festival

scottamemnon

I am having some trouble finding a good deal on a hotel during the French Quarter Festival.

I would love to do a park and cruise deal, but most of the hotels on their web sites are requiring a 2 night stay currently.

Would it be worth my while to just stay near the airport and drive in on Saturday to visit the city, or is that going to be a nightmare?

My cruise is the NCL star leaving April 14th, 2013. I would like to just spend 1 night(driving from Houston).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We have stayed in Hammond the night before our cruise and pay to park at the port. (We drive down from IL). LaQuinta in Hammond is pretty new, clean and the rates are good. Breakfast is included. Also a Target near the motel for last minute items. We enjoy driving over the Causeway before and after the cruise. Not sure what your route in from TX would be? I can't remember if it took 45 or 55 minutes to get to the port from the motel last yr. Before we board the ship we walk over to the French Quarter etc... We board after the rooms open so the buffet is pretty empty and we can eat. After several cruises we are at the point where we don't have to be the first on the ship.

Not sure if this will help you?

Hammond would be a little out of your way. There are plenty of hotels in Baton Rouge, which is about two hours from the port. There is construction on I-10 south of Baton Rouge, so avoid passing through during rush hour.

There are also hotels in Kenner (arounf the airport) and in Metairie.

I love the Drury, but their new parking garage may not be ready by then.

Last time we stayed at Hampton Inn Garden District. $129 a night with free cruise parking. Nice hotel with a good hot breakfast. You will have to call to get that rate and talk to Clara Mohamed. It is on the website. Tell her the price on the website. The trolley stops right out front of the hotel and it was an easy way to get around New Orleans. The day of our cruise, we called a cab and they pick you up out front.

http://www.neworleanshamptoninns.com/new-orleans-cruising.php

Archived