Questions for Recent Legend Cruisers - Embarkation

CoasterJoe

Do you happen to know about when boarding started? Also what time did you get to the Port? What is VIP check-in like? Are there any perks or is just a separate room?

Thanks!

I think they usually start letting folks into the "check in" area about 9:30 or so, but the ship usually isn't cleared to actually be boarded until at least 11, or even 11:30. (I've actually seen it go as late as 1:30! I usually try to get to the port around 11, and clear the VIP area within just a very few minutes. (yes, there are two small rooms where they check in the VIP cruisers, and then if the ship isn't cleared to board yet, they go into an area to wait till clearance.) No additional snacks or anything else for VIP's, but the Port of Tampa does an excellent job of checking in, and boarding ALL the passengers,,,not just the VIP's. Wedding parties, and the handicapped cruisers are boarded first, then VIP's, then cruisers are boarded by number. (Numbers are issued when the check in is finished for those Non VIP passengers.)

Have a GREAT time aboard "Legend". She's a wonderful ship, and cruise.

"SKY"

I think they usually start letting folks into the "check in" area about 9:30 or so, but the ship usually isn't cleared to actually be boarded until at least 11, or even 11:30. (I've actually seen it go as late as 1:30! I usually try to get to the port around 11, and clear the VIP area within just a very few minutes. (yes, there are two small rooms where they check in the VIP cruisers, and then if the ship isn't cleared to board yet, they go into an area to wait till clearance.) No additional snacks or anything else for VIP's, but the Port of Tampa does an excellent job of checking in, and boarding ALL the passengers,,,not just the VIP's. Wedding parties, and the handicapped cruisers are boarded first, then VIP's, then cruisers are boarded by number. (Numbers are issued when the check in is finished for those Non VIP passengers.)

Have a GREAT time aboard "Legend". She's a wonderful ship, and cruise.

"SKY"

Thanks for the reply. We live about 10 minutes from the port and have VIP boarding because we are in a suite. I was trying to figure out a good time to get there with minimal waiting. Sounds like about 10:30 would be a good time to head over.

Archived