Chartering Private Boat and Captain?

NoNoNanette

On another thread (Carnival forum), someone mentioned that 6 individuals chartered a boat and captain for a day of beaches and snorkeling. Said that it was only 25 dollars per person.

Has anyone done such a thing? Any links?

I've been to Grand Cayman twice, and don't recall seeing a boat-for-hire. Sounds great, doesn't it? (These folks also brought along their own food and drinks)

• 2 weeks later...
The only private boat I know about is a sailboat . We looked at them, torn between that and the buccaneer. Here is the sailboat link http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/RedBaron.htm

We went with the Buccaneer. Had a great time!! Went to two snorkeling sites with Stingray City in between. If you go, save pictures for the last snorkeling site.. it was the best! Our guides/captains that day were Javid and Dolan.. great guys, great time. There were 28 of us on the boat, but it felt like 10. Big Catamaran! Don't forget the sunscreen, I'm still peeling! Others on our cruise went on Nativeway and only had about 8 people on their boat. They also had a great time. I wouldn't mind doing that one next time as it would have been fun going to the beach also. But, give up any snorkeling time for beach? Nah!

Archived