Barcelona Spain - Le Meridian, Good?

Kitcito

Hello All,

My wife and I have booked through Priceline "Le Meridian" in Barcelona, Spain for two days before the Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic Cruise November 16-18, 2012.

What did you think about the hotel and stay? Did it live up to your expectation's as a 5 star? What about the area? Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Kitcito:D

Hello All,

My wife and I have booked through Priceline "Le Meridian" in Barcelona, Spain for two days before the Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic Cruise November 16-18, 2012.

What did you think about the hotel and stay? Did it live up to your expectation's as a 5 star? What about the area? Any insight would be welcomed. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Before the Hotel Arts came to be it used to be the place to stay.I have stayed there as well as the Arts and I lked it being closer to the Gothic area as well as being on La Ramblas.Ask for a room away from La Ramblas as it will be quieter.Enjoy.

Hello All,

I have stayed at this property twice. Both were very enjoyable. Before the remodeling the room I had was very large and room faced Las Ramblas and had a great balcony. On the second round the room was very very small. The shower was outstanding and there was dim lighting along two walls so if you got out of bed at night you could see. The room and hallway was very clean. The buffet in the morning was good and contained hot and cold dishes. I would not rate this a 5 star it was more of a 4 by US standards. The location is wonderful!!!

Remember hotel star rating is different in Europe to US.

Here a hotel is rated on location and what amenities it has. No account is taken of things like level of service and enjoyment of staying there.

For example, you could have a very charming 3 star hotel, full of character, with friendly helpful staff but no pool which is nicer than the 4 star hotel next door with grumpy staff but does have a pool.

Archived