WWYD: Triumph a balcony and inside or an ocean suite

CarenM

It's going to be my husband and 2 kids ( 11 and 9). We definitely want some room.

Would you chose a balcony and inside cabin across the hall or a ocean suite ?

Either way we definitely want a balcony and 2 balconies would be too much.

The suite is about 300 more than the balcony/inside option.

The balcony/inside option does give us 2 showers and 2 toilets.

The ocean suite has a bigger balcony.

Wait. I just priced 2 balconies. It's a little cheaper than the suite. That may be my answer

that sounds like the best of both worlds. find two adjacent balconies where the partition / divider opens, and then you can also readily transit between your cabins without going into the hall, and have a double sized balcony. it's great!

that sounds like the best of both worlds. find two adjacent balconies where the partition / divider opens, and then you can also readily transit between your cabins without going into the hall, and have a double sized balcony. it's great!

Perfect. This will be our very first cruise :)

Perfect. This will be our very first cruise :)

oh, you're going to have a blast :)

we've had rooms close to each other, connecting rooms (with a door between), etc. and having the balconies connect was by far the best option of all... 2 (or 3 in our case) sets of bathrooms, 3 buckets of ice, privacy when you want it, and fun time on the balcony, when you want it...

here's an example of what it looks like when you have the balconies that connect:

IMG_3963.jpg

that was on pride, a spirit class ship, so it's a little different, but you get the idea. on triumph, generally and 'officially' only sets of 2 balconies connect (which works just fine for you) and on that class of ship, the dividers (which you can see hooked to the railing on our balcony) secure against the wall instead - so you won't have the same sort of obstruction - just a big balcony.

go to guest services as soon as you board and request it be done, you'll need someone from each cabin (though don't know how that works when kids are in the cabin next door). also, on this class of ship, you might be able to ask your room steward to open them for you as it's relatively easy. (harder on spirit class ship and capacity controlled).

i think that's your best bet, especially if it's less expensive :)

ETA: i just got off triumph about 2 weeks ago, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask. i'm gonna get around to doing a review one of these days :rolleyes:

have fun!

another question for you folks... does anyone know...are there balcony cabins on the conquest fleet that are connecting? i don't mean partitions on the balcony (which of course is nice) but I mean a door I can open and keep eye/ear on my kids next door....yep, i'm that mom too!:cool: :D

I look at the plans and only see inside cabins that connect. i would love to have two connecting cabins but i will not give up my balcony.

Archived