Help me pick! Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya

curlymason

Hi all! I'm heading out on Sept 11 on the RCCL EOS to Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I lovvveeee snorkling, and plan to snorkle in at least two ports. I know for sure I want to go with Native Way in Grand Cayman to see the Sting Rays, Coral Gardens and Rum Point. I'm conflicted about what other port to snorkle at though, and I would love some help! :confused: I like the description of Coral Breeze's SharkRay Alley tour in Belize, and I've also heard great things about Palancar Reef in Cozumel. Please help me!

Thanks!

Heather:D

It might help you decide if you know what the alternatives to snorkeling are at each port. If there is something that you would like to do other than snorkel at one port, that might help you pick the other port for snorkeling.

What are your choices for things to do in Belize? If there isn't much else that interests you there, the snorkel there.

In Cozumel you could snorkel from shore at Dzul Ha for free (thought you should buy some food/drinks just to be nice). There is snorkel gear available for rent on site and you only have to pay for a taxi to get there, not the much higher price for a ship's excursion. After snorkeling there for a couple of hours, you would still have plenty of time left for something else, such as lunch and drinks at one of the beach clubs that have a nice sandy beach.

Personally I would snorkle in Cozumel and then go to Carlos and Charlies and party!!!!! We just got back from sailing on the Glory and snorkled in the morning and shopped and partied in the afternoon..wonderful time!!!!!

We snorkeled in Belize at Shark alley. One of the best ever and I have done about every island in the carib. water temp 82 in late nov. In Grand Caymen there is a park to the right as you are facing the island from the boat. It is free and nice also Smith's Cove is about a mile to the right . Behind berger King there are some huge tarpons. All free. In cozumel I like chicknaub(sp) it is about 5 miles to the right. take a taxi about $10 each and $5 to get into the beach. Has alot of stuff to do there and buckets of beer and chairs. The reef you asked about is only accessable by boat. I went there but did not snorkel as it was a cloudy day. it is about 10 miles from the ship so I am not sure of the taxi cost. for the time it would be better to go to chuckinob. go to the boards and they can give you an update on that.

Chakanaab is now $12 American money to get in. Well worth every penny though. Snorkle equipment was for rent for $8 if you needed it all...$5 for just fins....ect. That is for all day too. They also have a dolphin swim and a sea lion swim, as well as Snuba available. I love that place!!! Some day I want to snorkle in Belize!!!

Heather,

My mom and brother snorkeled in Belize and they loved it - my family opted for the cave tubing and if you are looking for something different to do from snorkeling this would be the thing. This was by far their favorite excursion - even for my kids (ages 12 and 14)......Enjoy your cruise!

Andrea

We snorkled at Rendeouvox Cay in Belize and loved it as well as Chankannaub (?) Nature Park in Cozumel. Both had lots of fish. Costa Maya is a different story as you need to go out with a boat rather than be near the shore. Not many fish at the shore.

Ray

• 1 year later...
We snorkled at Rendeouvox Cay in Belize and loved it as well as Chankannaub (?) Nature Park in Cozumel. Both had lots of fish. Costa Maya is a different story as you need to go out with a boat rather than be near the shore. Not many fish at the shore.

Ray

Hi,

i'm heading 2 belize in dec.

can u get 2 the split in goffs caye by walking or do u need a water taxi.

is rendeovox caye within walking distance?

how crowded was it?

feel free 2 e-mail me as it is sometimes hard 2 find a place u posted a question .

christman27@bellsouth.net

thanks for any help .:D

Archived