Premium Drinks Package question

Oriana1

I am going on Celebrity for the first time next year.

My husband and I are considering the premium drinks package. Can anyone advise what wines by the glass you get under that package?

In the Premium Wines package they have Koonunga Hill, so would it be similar wine to that.

Thanks.

Kim

I am going on Celebrity for the first time next year.

My husband and I are considering the premium drinks package. Can anyone advise what wines by the glass you get under that package?

In the Premium Wines package they have Koonunga Hill, so would it be similar wine to that.

Thanks.

Kim

HIKIm:

Please review thislink for the wine by the glass selection.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274&highlight=drink+menu

On our trip to Bermuda, Aug 26th, on the Summit,I had the premium alcohol package and did find some decent wines by the glass for $12 and under. If you are a wine snob, and do NOT drink premium spirits, maybe you should consider buying wine by the bottle! I never saw any wine by the glass by Koonunga, so hopefully this helps:

Have a great cruise:

Gary & Norine

Hi Gary and Norine,

Thanks for the link to the premium drinks package.

Definitely not a wine snob, a lot of times at home we purchase "cleanskins" that cost $4.00 from Dan Murphys (a very large bottle shop in Australia). The Koonunga Hill I mentioned I saw a price list for the premium wine package and it was $35.00 to $40.00 a bottle, where we can purchase it at Dan Murphy's for $10.00.

My husband and I usually buy a bottle of red (him) and white for me to have during dinner on the cruise and then get the waiter to re-cork it (well put the screw cap on) for the next night.

Just my husband thought with the wine by the glass, it maybe just cask/box wine.

We were calculating if the bottle wine was $40.00 and we drank say 3/4 of the bottle with dinner, it maybe better to purchase the premium drinks package so that we can have soft drink/coffees/hot chocolate/decent orange juice and cocktails during the rest of the day/night.

Kim

Hi Gary and Norine,

Thanks for the link to the premium drinks package.

Definitely not a wine snob, a lot of times at home we purchase "cleanskins" that cost $4.00 from Dan Murphys (a very large bottle shop in Australia). The Koonunga Hill I mentioned I saw a price list for the premium wine package and it was $35.00 to $40.00 a bottle, where we can purchase it at Dan Murphy's for $10.00.

My husband and I usually buy a bottle of red (him) and white for me to have during dinner on the cruise and then get the waiter to re-cork it (well put the screw cap on) for the next night.

Just my husband thought with the wine by the glass, it maybe just cask/box wine.

We were calculating if the bottle wine was $40.00 and we drank say 3/4 of the bottle with dinner, it maybe better to purchase the premium drinks package so that we can have soft drink/coffees/hot chocolate/decent orange juice and cocktails during the rest of the day/night.

Kim

Good Day Kim:

I didn't notice that you guys are from down under!

What I meant was, I am a kinda wine snob, BUT I will NOT pay ridiculous prices for a bottle of wine over retail. Norine does not drink alcohol, but I can tip a few with no problems. I have been known to "Shout" a round or 2 after a few drinks(lol)!

I had the premium alcohol and Norine has the classic Non-alcohol and it was great not having to worry about the price.

If you choose the the premium package, I can recommend which wines are the better ones on the list for $12 and under. I never like any of the $8 and under glasses. I would order a glass and if it didn't fit my palate, I would order another glass of something different.

Anyway, let me know if I can help:

Have a great cruise and say Hi to Australia for us:

Gary & Norine

With the Primum package if you order a glass over the $12 limit then you would just pay the difference. Say you chose a $15.00 glass instead, you would pay the $3.00 difference plus the gratuity of 45 cents for a total of $3.45. That would show up on your seapass card bill not the $15.00 + $2.25 = $17.25.

Archived